Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating templates

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Craig.5br, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

Hello all..

Hopefully someone out there can help me! I'm currently trying to make some templates for motocross bikes. I have been told the best way is to cover the object in masking tape, trace it then peel it off... I've tried this but failed a couple of times. Has anyone had any experience in doing anything like this in the past? If so do you have any tips?

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I assume you're on about the engine covers, fairings etc

Try getting a big sheet of paper (newspapers) and then folding it over the edges. Then stick on the underside if possible and use a scaple to cut out inside the 'edge' (theres normally a slightly raised edge)

Not I've never done this it's just similar to how you'd paint decals on a car :)
  3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

There's a guy on YouTube that does nothing else than explain how to airbrush and stuff... Not sure if it's what you're exactly looking for, but it won't hurt to post up anyway :)

4. keith115

keith115 Member

airbrushing is not easy, even with templates some have it and some don't, i sadly don't have the nak. i also bent my needle lol, my mates mum is fantastic at it but she wont do it for others/money.
  5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Could always get a professional in, My mate had this done: