Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create your own Font then use it in your designs

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by dot design, Oct 15, 2008.

1. dot design

dot design Member

Here is great site that enables you to easily create typefaces/fonts out of grided shapes which it then creates in to usable TrueType fonts. The fonts that are created can be used in Mac or Windows applications.

Its a great tool for graphic designers or design students to play with. If you choose to share the fonts these are covered by different Creative Commons licenses.

There is a video explaining the process of building a font, on first viewing it seemed as though Fontstruct had limited possibilities in terms of variety, but on closer inspection there are quite a few options and different tools, shapes to use.

It is grid based so there are certain types of fonts that just aren’t achievable but worth a play!

FontStruct | Build, Share, Download Fonts

2. alpoynter

alpoynter New Member

Thanks that will be very handy for something I'm working on at the moment

3. dot design

dot design Member

Great, let us know how you get on with it, I'd be interested to see your results.

4. miskellaneous

miskellaneous New Member

Thanks for that great link i will be certainly checking it out!:icon_thumbup:

5. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Cheers DD. I've got a college project where I'm developing my own font and may give this a try.

:icon_thumbup:

6. promostamper

promostamper New Member

thanks for the link have just joined do you know if it does images which i can add to it or part of the font?