Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crappy xmas?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Dec 11, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

anyone else thinking xmas isnt gonna be too good this year?

kinda pissed off that i work so many hours, i get 3 days off now before xmas eve.

more than that, but i miss the warm feeling of having dickhead family members here to annoy me, as all my sisters have moved out and im at work so much.

anyone know how to become particularly festive all o a sudden?

che-arees

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

sorry fella, I'm kind of bored of Christmas, gonna be using it to upgrade my pc's to windows 7 (No discussions in this thread :)) and try and finish my company rebranding and website etc. As you can see I'm overly festive although I will be having meals with the family on xmas and boxing day :)

3. tim

tim Senior Member

meh. :\

im at a low right now.

no real time for anything/anyone.

went to work at 10am today, finished at 10:20pm.

tmrw i start at 8:30, which is a 6am wake up :\

4. Levi

I did all that while I was your age, even did some 11pm finishes with 6am starts (5am wake up) the next day. Also did 6am-11pm a few times to.

Nice money but it was damned tiring.

And if you have to be up for 6am why are you still up :p

5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Still looking forward to the Apple goodies you so kindly brought back from Apple HQ.

Remember?

Bah Humbug.

6. br3n

br3n Senior Member

thats nothing tim, wait till you do 39 hours over 3 days :p

7. Levi

thats only 13 hours a day, thats nothing major unless it's something stupidly energetic

8. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Once upon a time there was this thing called life, and Tim was introduced to it… :p

9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

ah that first sweet demoralising christmas where you have to work soooo much you are looking forward to the time of!

watch muppets christmas carol, then die hard, home alone, then scrooged...

10. tim

tim Senior Member

im sorry typo, i havent had time yet. they're all boxed up ready i just havent got as far as sending them. :)

11. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Yeah when you work in retail christmas sucks! This will be my first year totally off around christmas since 2002 and i feel so much more christmassy, can't wait!
    Last year i worked at M&S on returns which was mayhem and the 5 years before i worked in a restaurant which was just jam packed full of complaining customers - someone even made me cry on xmas eve!

12. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I'm off this xmas and not worrying about working which is a new thing for me :)
    Been working quite alot lately, but nothing compared to summer...

Hope you use the days off well and arent too tired and just sleep through them (I used to)

just wake up on xmas day and go WOOOOO :D

13. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

@Tim, Levi and Br3n
    The scrooges of the group I see, cheer up it's xmas time, time to see fam and get prezi's and if you have been good a man with a sack breaks into your house, and if you are extra lucky he's not a burglar and doesn't take your tree. :D

Jease I bet if either of you 3 have trees up that would be like I'm going back to bed thats just typical. :D

Xmas in my house normal starts at 5am with me waking the kids up, and my other half yelling at me to get back into bed as it's too early, apparently, then when I do, plus the 2 kids I just woke up, all get into bed with her and none of us can clearly sleep as we want to see if Santa's been she finally gets up. She's a bit like you 3 TBF to her.

@Harry
    Yeah and I imagine he went aww barhumbug when he was. :D

@ Ally
    Cry at xmas, O sweets that seriously sucks. :down:
    I normally cry on xmas thought, but thats because Santa's been because I try extra hard to be a good boy all year. :clap:

@Renniks
    Finally someone with my attitude take it you try extra hard to be a good boy all year to? :D

ANYHOO CHEER UP IT'S ONLY ~ 11days, 20hrs, 44mins and 53secs to xmas.
    Way too long. :cry:

14. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Haha, I'm always a good boy ;) haha

But anyway :D not too bothered about the pressies, but do enjoy the fun times and all that :D

15. Levi

Jaz, I like to get my birthday out of the way before getting christmassy :p

16. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

O congrats fella hope your having a great day, I see how you dropped that in. :D
    See well tomoz will be the start of you being happy and full of xmas spirit then wont it?
    You putting a tree up? lol.

17. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Tim, that feeling is just part of getting older I'm afraid. Life sort of morphs things a bit. It's all about adjusting the occasion to your own situation so it's still special!

Xmas can still be a big deal, it just has to be a different sort of deal than it used to be.

For me it's all about getting the family together and spending time with them, 25th of December is a little incidental, but it's a good reason to get everyone together because it's a rarity the rest of the year.

You know you're not a kid anymore when xmas stops being about anticipation and pressies and starts being about having a few days off! Even if this is the case you can still get a bit of xmas spirit going, but you have to find it in yourself, nobody else s going to give it to you!

I can't wait for the other part of the cycle when I have kids of my own and the xmas magic will come back again with full force!

18. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

So what's everyone's favourite Christmas movies??? I wanna watch as many as I can on my week off...

My top 3 are Home Alone, Muppets CC and Trading Places

19. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I find it just intensifies it TBH much to my other halfs dismay. :)

Defo muppets cc and the great escape classic.

20. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Fave xmas movies: Scrooged (love Bill Murray), Muppet CC is a classic, and Die Hard (even though I have trouble convincing the other half it is actually a xmas movie. The explaination "He writes Ho, Ho, Ho on the dead guys shirt," never seems to work).