Courses to learn how to make installation instructions

slam629

Hi,
I already have a good level about PS and AI but i'm not sure which is the best way to do it (with the pen tool I guess) . I need to know how to design instructions like in the attached file
Thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• Istruzioni-03.jpg
    Istruzioni-03.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 6
They're done in isometric projection and the best thing you can use I guess is Ai.

There are quite a few tut's on how to so it on the net but one of the best things I've found was some simple actions for turning a flat object
into iso in the different planes.
Also, the 3D effect has an isometric option which can be quite handy at times.

CAD or Sketchup would be easiest, but Ai would be your best best like Scotty says.

They're done in isometric projection and the best thing you can use I guess is Ai.

There are quite a few tut's on how to so it on the net but one of the best things I've found was some simple actions for turning a flat object
into iso in the different planes.
Also, the 3D effect has an isometric option which can be quite handy at times.

What do I have to type to find these tuts ? Could you link me some of them please ? Because I only found videos about people following installation instruction in the real world or the AI installation

CAD or Sketchup would be easiest, but Ai would be your best best like Scotty says.
I never use both and I want to learn them or at least one of them. In which software is easier designing installation instructions ?
And exactly how to do it in AI ? Could you link me a tut please ?

You'll struggle to find anything specific to instructions, you need to Google something like 'isometric illustration tutorial with Adobe Illustrator'.

What do I have to type to find these tuts ? Could you link me some of them please ? Because I only found videos about people following installation instruction in the real world or the AI installation

There are loads but you need to apply it in the way you want such as those like art illo's.

The thing to watch out for with iso tut's is that some are not true isometric.

Here's one for setting out an iso grid in guides. Not sure if it's true iso.

Here's one for using the 'SSR method' (Scale, Skew, Rotate) which is accurate.
In the above link it shows you the transform values but somewhere there is a set of actions that do it with one click.
You can write your own but I'll try to find if I can C+V them on here.

Edit. I tried to attach the actions file but it's not supported on here. :(

There are loads but you need to apply it in the way you want such as those like art illo's.

The thing to watch out for with iso tut's is that some are not true isometric.

Here's one for setting out an iso grid in guides. Not sure if it's true iso.

Here's one for using the 'SSR method' (Scale, Skew, Rotate) which is accurate.
In the above link it shows you the transform values but somewhere there is a set of actions that do it with one click.
You can write your own but I'll try to find if I can C+V them on here.

Edit. I tried to attach the actions file but it's not supported on here. :(
Thanks a lot Scotty your links were what i looked for :)
and thanks a lot even to try to attach a psd action !

There are many more on the net but one tip, stick to proper isometric as in the SSR method and once you start building objects you can use elements over and over again by pulling out the paths and such.

I'll try to find those actions on the web and if I do I'll post a link but they were pretty hard to find first time around.
They do save a lot of time though.
BTW. They were for Ai not Ps. ;)

There are many more on the net but one tip, stick to proper isometric as in the SSR method and once you start building objects you can use elements over and over again by pulling out the paths and such.

I'll try to find those actions on the web and if I do I'll post a link but they were pretty hard to find first time around.
They do save a lot of time though.
BTW. They were for Ai not Ps. ;)
Yeah you right, I made a mistake.
Thanks again and don't worry about the actions I will rec myself on AI ;) but thanks to look for them on the web :)

Back