Corporate Identity for Client, Please look

M

Mohammad

Hi Everyone!

I designed a business card and a letterhead for my client, please have a look and provide feedback.

businesscarddisplay1.jpg
letterheaddisplay1.jpg

Thank you very much!

EDIT: This is my first proper corporate identity

My only change would be to make the surname the same size as the first name.

h_freezy - Thanks for your comment, Any thing I can improve?

chrismitchell - I thought it would look more "stylish" if it was bigger than the first name, OK Ill listen to your advice and edit it!

my reasoning is that the rest of text is all the same size on the logo and all other parts so it looks just a bit odd to me :)

Quick observations:
1. very pleasing design overall , I personally don't think you need the second tinted leaf - design overkill
2. Business card still a bit all over the shop. which is front which is back? loose the secondary graphic, again design overkill, and all info should be on front. Name, position and his contact info are the main priority. You can put the graphic on the back with a list of company services.

On the back of the card - surname same size as first name and there is something about the box with the contact details in that I dont like. Not quite sure what it is though, sorry.

Apart from that I think its awesome and I love the letter head :)

BERRY - I have just read you Post on Morrisons - I have experienced this sooooo many times with Morrisons, and so has myd ear mother!

Im going to start writing down prices of everything I put in my basket/trolley and cross check against my receipt before I leave the store!!!

Its Ludacris!

(sorry to completley change the thread topic - wanted to vent my anger at Morrisons too!)

My main concerns about this stationery, are that you've designed it without considering what the actual telephone numbers and customer addresses will look like it on. In fact, on the letterhead, you've left no room at all for the customer's address, which should be on the first page of any documentation sent to a customer. You need to consider the fact that this letterhead may be folded in three and placed in a windowed DL envelope, which needs to bear the customer's address on it. Consider working this into your design.

Glad someone pointed out the big flaw. All true but I don't think he'll understand all that....
Part of design is understanding how to produce work that is fit for purpose.
Young bucks with software and a computer and no understanding of what they are producing end up producing this type of work. Very pleasant but about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Window envelopes dictate where an address has to be and therefore the design has to accomodate this. Design isn't about pretty pictures. It's like playing a guitar without knowing what notes you play, or what a musical scale is and why it's important.

Berry said:
Glad someone pointed out the big flaw. All true but I don't think he'll understand all that....
Part of design is understanding how to produce work that is fit for purpose.
Young bucks with software and a computer and no understanding of what they are producing end up producing this type of work. Very pleasant but about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Window envelopes dictate where an address has to be and therefore the design has to accomodate this. Design isn't about pretty pictures. It's like playing a guitar without knowing what notes you play, or what a musical scale is and why it's important.

Why do I want a chocolate fire guard?

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but I know that I for one get email reminders whenever someone responds to a thread that I've responded to. It does sort of get a little annoying when the replies aren't anything to do with the original topic and for the original poster's sake, I would think that it's just common decency to keep on topic.

Just a thought. :)

you can unsubscribe from threads neil.

i know it's a pain but it's a public forum, cant really expect people who like to talk to shut up all the time.

I can understand Neil's frustration, ( thank god he hasn't been in the middel of a TIm & Onartis ping pong match!).
Problem is unless everyone starts posting sensible stuff all the time, the threads will have cobwebs on before too long. Not everyone is can add valuable comment ( no offense). Personalities are important to keep the topics going to encourage members to comment. There are loads of people on online but not a lot posting replies. It's a balance thing. Too much and it becomes chatroom banality, too little and it's a Ghost town.

And you forgot that we're all trying to catch up with tim on our post count too :p

Back