Convert from .swf to .gif

Sharkyman

Hello everyone , i have a big problem when i'm trying to convert an animation from swf to gif , the animation lose all the quality (u may know what i'm talking about.

so the question is :

Is there any program or any way to convert the .swf file to .gif without lose quality?

Thank you

Exactly. Animated Gif's by their nature are extremely limited. Not to mention the fact that they instantly make a website look very 1993. Does anyone use them anymore?

Why dont convert to .avi? first the files is big..., but you can convert use some video conventer program, the quality new .avi video is 90%.., and the files size is 1-5% from original flash .avi video...

Ridwan_sugi speaks the truth I did the same thing with with sony vegas to some animation clips I wanted to upload to my portfolio and they were only a few meg and I couldn't really tell the difference.

Jimlad said:
Exactly. Animated Gif's by their nature are extremely limited. Not to mention the fact that they instantly make a website look very 1993. Does anyone use them anymore?

Hundreds of sites use them, especially in the gambling industry. You'll see them all over the web.

Do animater png's get a say in this? I dont understand what search engines have got to do with it.

I mean, don't get me wrong... I've read pages and pages of SEO tips and Google guidelines and I have always found the famous words "not to much flash, not too much java and... giffs are very search engine friendly animations...". I've read and also heard that so often, that I can't even think of a source to show you as a proof. Then again, prove me wrong and I'll be happy about this new gain of knowledge.

It's just that Flash files and their contents are indexable and can be found via regular search (if that's what your after). Gif files on the other hand are pictures, searchable through a dedicated picture search. So whilst they might be 'search engine friendly' they are not really comparable.

Do you mean that a website with flash animations tends to achieve a higher ranking when compared to one with animated giffs? I'd like to know, as that could change the way some designers work.

If your talking about an animation that can be achieved to the same effect with a gif file then the advantage is it doesn't rule out all of the iphone/pad/pod users. But when it comes to search indexing the point I'm trying to make is that gif files made up of pixels whereas flash files can indexable materials, furthermore whilst search engines can search these materials they cannot crawl them in the way that they can crawl regular sites, that is to say through it's interface, so the materials making it google friendly as it were, don't even have to be visible to the general public. Therefore a flash file can be very user friendly indeed.

wac said:
... whereas flash files can indexable materials ...
I didn't know that. I thought that search engines couldn't read flash and therefore couldn't index it. Good to know it isn't true. I'll try and find out more about it. Puzzled!

Back