Contemporary Greeting cards

danda34

Hi everyone,

Re: Doris & Alice Greeting Cards, Stationery

As a graphic designer, I have just launched a greetings cards website (link above) but i am now faced with the daunting task of having to start trying to market it myself.

I don't have much cash to splash at the moment, so I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on how i can best get people to visit my site without spending too much.

I would also be grateful for any constructive comments that anyone has on the site itself.

Cheers

Cheryl

I agree with the above, take a look at this link that will point you in the right direction with regards to SEO...

http://www.graphicdesignforums.co.uk/seo-forum/508-google-s-search-engine-optimisation-guide.html

I would print a long run of greetings cards (on the same stock you will be offering) advertising your services and get posting them through doors and leaving in places where your target audience will be, e.g for your new born baby cards etc you should be leaving samples and marketing literature at hospitals (maternity section), local parent & baby groups etc etc.

I was about 85% complete on a VERY similar idea although I have never had the time to get it launched...

Fab Cards

P.S: Sort your hosting/server out, your site failed to load before a couple of times and when it finally did it took far too long.

Hi everyone,

Re: Doris & Alice Greeting Cards, Stationery

As a graphic designer, I have just launched a greetings cards website (link above) but i am now faced with the daunting task of having to start trying to market it myself.

I don't have much cash to splash at the moment, so I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on how i can best get people to visit my site without spending too much.

I would also be grateful for any constructive comments that anyone has on the site itself.

Cheers

Cheryl

Hi There

I accidentally stumbled across this forum in my research session.

Im a Personal Assistant for a online personalised greeting card company.

My boss is always on the look out for new designs to use on his website

I really liked your designs and wondered if you have ever considered selling your cards in this way.

I can suggest your site to my boss if you would like me to?

Thanks

Phil
[email protected]

Card Barn - Personalised Cards | Birthday Cards | Thank You Cards | and More

Hi Cheryl

Have you thought about adding your designs to sites like Zazzle.com and redbubble?

Meanwhile I feel the marketing on this will be a massive uphill climb as the competition is huge and stiff. I personally would either try Zazzle or as Phil suggested, selling your designs to established companies.

Good luck though!

Meanwhile the other alternative is local florists/ Salons, Nail bars etc.

I think Boss Hog might be onto something with the offline approach. If competition is too much online, then why compete, go back to the old ways!

Back