Concepts for 3 different business book covers

hweber

Hi all,

I am in need of some creativity boost/ideas from fellow designers. I am working as an in-house designer at a business consultancy company. We are due to have 3 new books written and published regarding staying compliant within the pharmaceutical code and I am in need of designing 3 different book covers that relate to such. I have tried many concepts and all are not good and would just like some word associations to help the process please. Now, with the overall purpose of the book is basically a guide of what to do and what not to do, I dont want to do a typical 'code' or 'guide' theme. Any suggestions would be brill please

Post your best concepts here and we can offer you suggestions based on what you've done.

There's a million pharma books on the internet with a quick google search, and millions of book cover ideas... I'm not really sure what could be possibly offered here?

Best we critique what you have and let you design it.

What Hank says. You can't expect us to spend time researching your brief and coming up with ideas, unless you're going to pay us of course.

I would just suggest searching on a few stock photo/illustration sites - click on someone's pic and they'll show you other alternatives in the same style.

Hi all,

I am in need of some creativity boost/ideas from fellow designers. I am working as an in-house designer at a business consultancy company. We are due to have 3 new books written and published regarding staying compliant within the pharmaceutical code and I am in need of designing 3 different book covers that relate to such. I have tried many concepts and all are not good and would just like some word associations to help the process please. Now, with the overall purpose of the book is basically a guide of what to do and what not to do, I dont want to do a typical 'code' or 'guide' theme. Any suggestions would be brill please

Its a Goddamn awfully boring industry and laden with heavy regulation. I understand the difficulty in making it appealing. Lightheartedness will attract readers but perhaps detract from the seriousness.
It is a scientific profession as well as a business.
Maybe check out Bauhaus designs which combine great art via shapes, font, with a mathematical/scientific feel ?

Warning: I am a beginner and may not know what I am talking about .....

If I were you I would go to <removed> and check out those designs, hopefully, you will find your inspiration. Keep paddling along the river stream and don't lose faith in yourself. You will find your inspiration when you least expect it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Firstly, thank you for taking time on this post. Apologies that I did not upload my initial ideas. However, please do see two attachments below of the variations I have experimented with. I am open to feedback on them. I have tried to keep the covers interesting and clean without going for the cliche pharmaceutical imagery.

( Image 1 - White BG) I have used the curve from a segment of our logo to create this pattern, this is simply so it reflects the company itself

Kind regards

Harley

Attachments

• The Code Explained covers5.jpg
    The Code Explained covers5.jpg
    861 KB · Views: 8
  • The Code Explained covers6.jpg
    The Code Explained covers6.jpg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 8
I think the one with the white background is the best. It is clever to use your logo as a large visual element, there is good contrast/legibility with the white background and black text (something the blue background is lacking in places). I like the idea of the colour slices, perhaps you could add textures to make them look like paper pieces? The blue one doesn't have the right connotations for me - I think the choice of hue is wrong. This kind of blue makes me think I'm underwater, perhaps going for a muted pale blue instead would give this a more serious tone.

Back