Concept so all ideas welcomed.

Jazajay

Hay peeps.
Right the other day I was thinking when a mate asked me is there a formula to work out to a 90% accuracy how much weight you would lose based on certain variables.

So I sat down and worked it out and so far it is pretty spot on, higher than 90% accuracy for the mo. So I thought as I couldn't find it why not create a weight loss site dedicated to that tool, then obviously as those who know me I kinda expanded the idea. So I've got several more tools in mind, site content etc....now excuse me if I don't share them, nor how I worked it out. :)

So I was wondering on several things and please contribute to certain areas if not all.
1) Design.
a) What colour scheme comes to mind to you?
b) Thoughts on lay out idea's.
c) Anything else.

2) Content
a) If you were looking for it what content would you be interested in, got ideas but just want to see if I missed anything/ didn't think of it.
b) Any tools, that you know of or haven't found or think that's cool.

3) Anything else.

So anyone want to give me any design pointers or any of the above, all comments will be appreciated.

Jaz

Jazajay said:
So I was wondering on several things and please contribute to certain areas if not all.
1) Design.
c) Anything else.

2) Content
a) If you were looking for it what content would you be interested in, got ideas but just want to see if I missed anything/ didn't think of it.

3) Anything else.

So anyone want to give me any design pointers or any of the above, all comments will be appreciated.

Jaz

First off Jaz, I think we'd fall asleep by the time you'd explained your formula's for healthy eating etc so I don't think we'll be that worried about there being no details ;) :p

Anyways

1a - blacks, golds, reds, maybe blues or whites and greys - thinking exercise tools for the home and gyms
b - clean easy to find stuff, maybe a tabbed top to switch to each 'calculator' and then sub links on each area below.
c - I won't go there, I normally send you off in a much longer route lol

2 - well I'm not that fitness orientated but maybe recipes, exercise routines (thinking user submitted here - liability clause obviously) and maybe reviews of gyms/equipment.

3 - not sure how viable it could be but what about a user login area (subscription based?) where they can upload their info and monitor it all in graph/table form etc

Sponsored articles/reviews from gyms/equipment manufacturers that type of thing

Jazajay said:
(lots of text...)

2) Content

Jaz

1a) Lime green! (I've been playing on wii fit, forgive me)

2a) Definitely recipes, I never know what to cook.. and why I should be cooking certain things

Have you actually tested out this formula on real people, it all sounds very theoretical at the moment to even consider a website to endorse it?

ColeUK said:
Have you actually tested out this formula on real people, it all sounds very theoretical at the moment to even consider a website to endorse it?

trust me, if you stick around you may be introduced to the wealth of knowledge that is Jazz. If the guy wanted to write a book on the subject (or any subject it seems sometimes :D), I'm sure he could.

I just picture flash in the pan, Hollywood diets though! Apologies. Fair enough if you want to create a wonderful website promoting a new diet or dare I say fad, but 'Proof is in the pudding', or maybe not in the diets case!?

@Levi
Some really good ideas there that didn't even cross my mind cheers fella.

@Becki
Greens, I've got the Wii fit too.....Mmm.....

@Mrp
Nar. :)

@Cole
If you can think of the most sadest person you can, that will still get no where near what I am. :lol:

It's not a diet as in follow this eating plan and you are guaranteed to lose weight, it's a tool based on certain variables, that they add about them selves, that when taken into consideration tells you if you put this much of a work out in, eat this many calories, and a few other factors what weight loss you would roughly expect if you followed it per week.

It would then give advice if that is too much, work out plans to help improve it etc......

It doesn't say if you eat 6 times a day and eat only 8 apples then you will lose weight.
Granted that would but you would loss weight due to possible water loss, depending on what you drink, definatly lose some due to muscle weight loss due to the poor protein content of just apples obviously, could be countered if you did weight bearing exercise and your body going in to famine mode from the reduced calorie intake thus it using up your muscle mass rather than your "fat" stores. You would probably get ill due to the lack of nutrients and vitamins well you would as your immune system would go down the pan. But you would get rid of any cellulite from eating just apples due to a photosterol's in apples.

It's more of a guide if they followed their own diet what they can realistically expect to lose based on logical scientific based facts about the human body.

So far tested on 1 person with spot on results, no reason why it wont work on other people as I say it's based on scientific facts that I have learnt from multiple health books, I've just put them all together and based in some other factors.

But until I qualifiy as a deitician there is no way I would tell random people, except for fam and friends, how to lose weight and then only when I force it on them. :D

I want to go to Uni and learn yep, applying next year, £35k a year just to tell people how to eat right I mean hello, 4 years at uni though.
Think of all those people who are going to miss out in the mean time. :cry:

Going to look into doing my NVQ in body building first, not to build my body but to learn more about the muscle groups and what exercises hit which area the best.

Nice, I learnt the basics of all that one summer, never really got into action though... it was the plan for when I got into the next year at uni, and just never "found the time" (had the time just didn't find it ;) )

Jazajay said:
1) Design.
c) Anything else.

2) Content

3) Anything else.

1. Light and easy on the eye, think of healthy eating, maybe font choices along the lines of rounded sans-serif like VAG rounded, etc. Overall very clean and simple, as it sounds like the tools may be quite sophisticated, the front end needs to be easy to understand.

a) Fresh, positive colours. Look at healthy eating pakaging for ideas on colour schemes. A lot of whitespace with one punchy citrus colour, like a bright lime green or orange, etc.

b) Nice and open, perhaps the main 'healthy eating tool' as the lead product, perhaps some nice AJAX chart graphics, think of the way the Analytics sites/tools and e-mail software sites present their services, usually a nice big chart screenshot, and benefits listed.

2. b) A weight gain tool, ie. input diet now to see how much protein I should be getting to gain muscle based on x number of workouts per week, etc. Obviously still a lot of variables, but the main thing seems to be the quantity of protein, so maybe just a protein calculator?

Good luck mate! :up:

@Renniks
Aww man your so lucky, that's one area, that and human body language and meditation, that I really want/crave to learn more about. :)

@Greg
Cheers fella,
Yeah I will look in to those idea's, especially like the direction on the colour scheme and the protein tool, again that didn't cross my mind. Mmm.....going to start looking in to what more needs to go into that, obviously the quality of the protein I imagine all ready existing muscle mass and a few others spring to mind, but I'll have a look into it more before I build it.

Thanks to everyone so far. :)

I think you should still consider it Jay, that site you provide was visually gash! maybe a cut down version on functionality but a spot on user interface and visual treatment would make for a better end user experience and a popular site.

let me know if i can be of assistance.

Geoff.

Fantastic, in which case I digress! If i can make any 'constructive' in the future I will, Look forward to hearing more about your work!

Right decided to wack up a draft now my free-lance for the day is done cheers Geoff. :)

Some notes:
The footer's lacking granted,
The nav needs to be alphabetised,
The calculator name is not right yet
and the domain is all ready taken also.

The arrows will lets users flick through just that section of the site on the home page and if I continue I have other interactive idea's as well.

So any thoughts on the first draft, bits you like, bits you don't, bits you would improve?
Levi if I do carry on with it, then I will implement your ideas, but at a later date, good ideas. :)

If the image is too small you can view it at:
http://bedtimebliss.co.uk/mock.png

All ideas/critique welcome. : )

mock.png

Not a fan of the amount of shadowing, think it's a bit overkill but at the same time without playing around with it all can't see where you can remove it from o_O

Cheers fella.
I could remove it from the arrows, wasn't sure about that myself to be honest.
Anything else you like or don't like? :)

Not sure on how the arrows are sitting aswell. Due to the images / text, some of them are very close to an arrow, some of them have quite alot of gaps...

Everything else I think is good :)

Back