Composer site WIP needs feedback

PwnedByXDirect

Hello if I can get feedback for my composer site that would be great. I think the home page needs more stuff on it so any tips would be great, also the image may need to be a little darker on the homepage to make it less of an eye strain. So yea, I tried to make it simple so that it would load fast. :sneaky:

My Wix Site: http://wix.to/akCfAGg

1. It’s wix. Should be avoided at all costs.
2. The link doesn’t work on my phone.
3. If you want a fast loading site don’t use wix
4. Don’t use wix

I'm now at home and taken a look at the site. It's about as bad as it gets.
<edited as requested>

Get rid of ALL the backgrounds. Bin the homepage image and replace this with some marketing blurb. Put links to your music on the homepage. Add your contact details to the homepage. Provide info on musicians you have worked. Decide what you want the site to achieve and make sure it does just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's think a bit about they purpose of your site.

I'm assuming it's to hopefully generate more work. If that is the case then you will be leading potential clients to the site from a variety of sources. These visitors already know who you are and what you do so your primary focus should be to show them how good you are. This means putting the music front and centre. List the artists, albums, downloads, shows etc you have worked on with a short blurb and button to listen to the music. Make sure the playback is the highest quality possible - don't compress.

Do don't matter. All that matters is the music. If a potential client likes what they hear then you start to become more important. People like looking at pictures, they don't care who took them. When I listen to music I don't care who the producer was.

Hello if I can get feedback for my composer site that would be great. I think the home page needs more stuff on it so any tips would be great, also the image may need to be a little darker on the homepage to make it less of an eye strain. So yea, I tried to make it simple so that it would load fast. :sneaky:

My Wix Site: http://wix.to/akCfAGg

if you are willing to do in a professional way, spend a couple bucks and hire a decent/reasonable designer to work on the site!

Thanks for the feedback!

It wont load for mobile cause its on feedback mode. I will definitely change the homepage image to some marketing blurb and change the backgrounds to one background. This music will go on the Listen link to provide some examples, maybe I can showcase a few of my work on the homepage in the future.

@babalaus
I dont really want to hire a professional because they may charge a minimum of $20 per hour all the way to $100 per hour depending on what the job they want done is going to entail. A simple static site that they can crank out in a few days might charge $300-$1000. I will consider getting it done in the future though.

Back