Company Website

pjohnstone

Stream Media is the website design arm of Axis Media Group.

I have been running it for about 6 years now and recently my focus on the business has been to built Wordpress based sites. I have now updated the Stream Media site to a Wordpress based design.

www.streammedia.org

Pretty pleased with the results although I am finding that the site seems to run quite slow, not sure if its just my internet connection.

I also need to make a few fixes so its more robust on IE6, but overall it seems to work across the browsers.

The difficulty I have found with this project was the time management. Due to client work it was always just put to the end of the queue and thus took a long time to complete.

Anyway be as critical as you want as I am open to lots of changes!

Hi John,

Welcome to DF!

I feel that the contrast between the black and orange is a bit too strong. Perhaps a darker grey would be better with the orange?

The spacing looks off in a few areas (See image below). The tagline in your logo is also really hard to see on the light background. The search button looks very default, perhaps you could style it to match your design?

The footer looks very empty. Do you really need all that space just to display some contact details?

The reflections in the call to actions need to be far more subtle I think.

The font you used for headings is not very nice and doesn't warrant a use of images I think. Why not use HTML text for the headings? Also the positioning inside boxes looks odd. Needs more padding on the top and the left.

The "click here to find out more" is weak I think. It doesn't invite me to click on it enough.

Just my 2 cents. Hope that helps!

Thanks!
Soren

spacing.jpg

I'm just going to do a list style crit (reviewed in firefox 3.6) :)

title/header doesn't look in context
fading images seem like a last minute addition rather than integral to the design
spacing between sections is off
orange titles too high in black background
reflections too strong
kind of looks like a template
all that space in the bottom black bar is wasted
Do you really need 2 'our services' bits
not sure the black and orange with white works
your latest news is a little empty

I feel that the contrast between the black and orange is a bit too strong. Perhaps a darker grey would be better with the orange?

I will look in to that. I was trying to mirror the 'Orange' theme. But A grey might work well

The spacing looks off in a few areas (See image below). The tagline in your logo is also really hard to see on the light background. The search button looks very default, perhaps you could style it to match your design?

Cheers for pointing that out I will need to fix it. The logo again I will look into. The search button I am quite happy with, but I may look into some designs.

The footer looks very empty. Do you really need all that space just to display some contact details?

I actually had a form in here to get in touch, but I am having real bother getting it to work so have removed it until it gets fixed. It will be on the right hand site - so thats why it looks rather odd.

The reflections in the call to actions need to be far more subtle I think.

Yeah I can tone them down so the blend in more Ta!

The font you used for headings is not very nice and doesn't warrant a use of images I think. Why not use HTML text for the headings? Also the positioning inside boxes looks odd. Needs more padding on the top and the left.

The font is 'Imapct' and I have used Cufon to change the H1 and H2 tags to the graphical font. I will sort out the spacing though as your right its slightly off.

The "click here to find out more" is weak I think. It doesn't invite me to click on it enough.

Cool, need to be more creativbe in my text - not my strong point!

Just my 2 cents. Hope that helps!

Thanks Soren, much appreciated!

Thanks!
Soren

Back