Company Logo Feedback

You've added to it without 'adding to it', i.e. what you've added has complicated the design and made it illegible.

Try taking stuff away instead :)

Hmmm true. I only need it for business card and website, but I see what your saying. Do you think I should simplify the design?

First of all there's nothing wrong with the image, but I think you should step away from it and save it for later and try something totally different. You can always go back to it.

Don't get tied down to the computer so much - do lots of pencil scamps - free your self up a bit.

I think you've invested so much time creating the inage that now you're finding it hard to even consider anything else.

You are showing the cube (box) image and saying I think outside the box but what you're showing is that that thinking is definitely in the box. Now say you were showing an illustration of a Banana - that would show thinking outside of the box.

There is absolutely no reason why, if you want to use a strapline, that it has to be anchored to the logo. In fact there are good practical reasons not to and one of those as several people have indicated, it's too small to be legible.

However, if it ran along the long edge of the business card away from the logo you get it to a legible size and get two bite of the visual cherry.

Also consider cut outs or embossing - not everything has to be printed.

Ok guys...I went back to the drawing board and decided to simplify it more! Let me know what you think. Also I want to use a strapline underneath e.g. logo design artist...what do you think of that? Do you know anything more professional bearing in mind this is just a company that designs logos!

eDJSl.jpg

I think you're starting to get there, I like the cleanliness and the simplicity and the use of the 3 adds that little extra.

It doesn't matter if people don't get it at first or even at all, it's there to be discovered.

How about something very direct for the strapline such as 'Creating Logos' 'Logo Creation' or something similar?

Just had another thought - that design would work well as a cut out on a business card that was folded, with the inside coloured to show through - it would add another dimension without being too fussy.

Ok here is my strapline. Let me know what you think please. Cheers.

EU6tC.jpg

The strapline will still be very small is the logo needs to be reduced. Is there a reason for not making it the width of CUBE?

Do you only do logo designs?

Just testing what works best with the strapline. I'm creating different variations as we speak. Yes I only do logo designs.

Personally, that cube logo font is too thin and italic for me. I don't think it needs to be slanted, as, afterall, cubes have no slopes in them? They're perfectly straight and I think a font that replicated that would be a lot more effective.

I like the 3 communication though, that's working for me.

As for the strapline, again, it's the font, too thin and weedy to print at the size you're looking at there. I'd make it bigger and a more legible font, thin doesn't strike me as 'logo creative'.

Right I have decided to try out different fonts that give the feel of a 'cube.' Let me know which works and feels best. The first one is the font I have been using, however I skewed it upright to straighten the text and give it a more cube like effect. The other two are are fonts I already had.

E2hA1.jpg

I think the problem here is you've found an idea and you're flogging it to death. I think the font is pretty restricted as to what you can do with it. A lot of design is about irony and I think the idea of using a font that fits your business name doesn't have to be the case. There are plenty of options available to you but the one you are trying to make work doesn't seem to have the legs.

Maybe try going back to the drawing board, play with the idea and concept in your head and let the ideas flow a bit more freely instead of trying to make one of them work. The strap-line is also struggling to work, and with the style of font you are using it's going to be hard to make it legible.

I'm not trying to flog it. I've thought long and hard about this idea. If means going back to the drawing board I will, but this is just the way I work. Trial and Error mate.

My word isn't gospel :) as Ian has said, he disagrees, different people challenge projects in different ways, and in this sense, you could be changing your logo forever.

You have to go with what you feel sums it up for yourself, something that you're happy with.

Out of the 3 fonts you've chosen there, I was thinking something closer to 3 than the others, but it's still definitely not the right font for me.

Back