company logo design, comments please good or bad!

The green gives it an unwanted element of nature/environment/eco-friendly

Really? Haha. That toxic green makes you think nature/eco-friendly? Makes me think of nuclear power stations. :icon_biggrin:

Either way, what Clarke Creative is saying is right, it's not getting the right message across.

Toxic green lol, its actually apple green and Ive got my monitor set up as close to the vinyl colour pallet I use as possible so ive no idea how the images look on other screens. Ok I've pulled out all my hair, sorry I mean stops :) and came up with a different version for you to bash lol, there's not really much I can do with only a 5 and an i so if this one isn't working please feel free to offer suggestions. Ive went with red and black and no toxic green so please see what you think

I wonder if armless stickmen graphics.com is available :)

thanks again for all your help keith

5i graphics8.jpg 5i graphics9.jpg

Don't get too disheartened from the feedback you have received so far, through the guidance you will receive in this forum you will end up with a logo worthy of representing your new company, but at the moment it's still not there.

If I was you I would start from scratch, brainstorm what the company does/offers. Look at how the vinyl signs are produced how the vinyl arrives etc... You have mentioned previously that this is your passion so should be able to come up with a lot of primary research and concepts. Through good research and development a good idea will arrive.

Look at other companies and their branding/logos to get a feel for how yours should look, but not to copy!

What is the thinking behind your name?

The feedback has been amazing, which I am really thankful for as it makes me realize just how much effort goes into creating a decent logo.

The name fiveeye came about through a brainstorming session and was not my original planned name which was fastrider graphics, I will upload a logo which I have but could not find something that I thought would work so decided to scrap it and try a new name, have a look you may see something I am missing and to be honest it would be easier to revert to fastrider graphics as I already own the domain but I was stumped as to which way to take the logo. The spiral represents a roll of vinyl on its end so it might be better to have a go again with it and the motorbike is simply a play on fastrider but I didn't take it any further because the reference to motorbikes I thought would be misleading.

thanks keith

2012 fastrider logo final [50%].jpg 2012 fastrider logobike [50%].jpg

1.I think the attachement of the motorbike will be a bit misleading
2. Fiveye.com is taken so if you are intent on having this domain snap co.uk quickly

I like the concept behind the 1st logo with the spiral from the roll of vinyl, this could be you concept? A roll could be developed into any eye or wheels??

A spiral also symbolises growth and expansion, which is always relevant and important to a new buisness!

See the link below,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=...,cf.osb&fp=ea3a927419dded23&biw=2560&bih=1319

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=JAKhT9b9JKXh4QTPw7ywCQ

I have to say I think the spiral is a good concept but I wont go into it again because clarkey has just said so well :) Actually I look at that and think of a sign company - yeh it needs developping but it's a good starting point.

Last edited:
brilliant advice once again thanks, I have redone the logo for fiveeye graphics which I,ll upload so you can see how I got on but will leave it to concentrate on fastrider graphics and the spiral, but I will take aspects from the 5 i logo such as the blade holder and see if I can work it into the new logo maybe its a spiral from the end of a roll but could also be a cut line as in cutting a spiral hey Ive just went round in a big circle lol. will upload a new draft as soon as possible and thanks again for pointing out where I'm going wrong and as the threads had loads of views other viewers are getting pointers to.

keith

5i graphics.jpg

Mate go back to fastrider, you have the domain and the foundations of a new logo. That new 5i makes very little sense to me, it looks like a number and some kind of scalpel

It now look likes sound waves/speakers to me now or ripples in water.

I think you need to turn the spirals on their side more like this, Screen shot 2012-05-04 at 19.40.02.jpg

This approach could then be developed into either an eye or a wheel, depending on your chosen name.

Its took awhile to get back and after a month of trying to design a logo I liked decided to start again. I think I got a little, OK a lot of track as the business I am starting is selling stickers, sign and graphics online and I think I ended up trying to design a cool logo for a graphics company (with a polar bear, don't ask) so came up with a new name and a new logo which I think is way better for branding and puts me back in the market where I belong phew.

as usual thanks for any and all advice, please have a look and see what you think

thanks keith

stickzoo [450 image wm].jpg

This is totally subjective, as opinion always is on design, but it just doesn't do it for me. It looks a bit too "chunky" even clipart'ish ... but others may love it; just my opinion.

I think your direction is better and the name better represents your company. I would try and develop the logo more, try and refine it further. Personally its too heavey for me, maybe make the strokes a bit thinner? Was this your first idea with the new name? I also think Stickerzoo would sound a lot better if its available?

Back