Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Sep 7, 2009.

1. berry

berry Active Member

This thread is to discus comics ( not the Tommy Cooper variety) as we are all still children at heart. Marvel/DC, Batman, Hulk, Mickey Mouse and the Simpsons etc.

Did you know Hulk was originally grey in the first issue?
  2. On the subject of Hulk, did you know that there was an evil Red Hulk too? :p
  3. berry

berry Active Member

that'll be me too! Tough being schizo
  4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Don't forget the British classics...Wizzer and Chips, Cheeky, Shiver and Shake, Cor! The Beano, Dandy, Battle, Warlord, Valiant, and of course 2000AD.

Cripes chaps what wizard japes all round.

Cracking stuff.
  5. berry

berry Active Member

Buster comic for me. Cor was good!
    The local barber had Hotspur and battle comics which was ironic as he was Rudi Seiber the German Barber ( used to us his Luger gun... did i just say that?)
  6. Thewholehogg

Buster, with Gus the Gorilla nice one.
  7. berry

berry Active Member

'Fantastic' was my Saturday buy, the kids way into the world of Marvel - rember buying this very first issue. A month later they launched a sister comic 'Terrific"

8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Being 'militant boy' as a kid, I was well into war magazines, small format, such as Commando. In fact I didn't realise they still made them now, and I got a book for Christmas with a few old issues bound together in, really took me back, sticks for rifles and all that, pip pip! On occasion I was allowed to 'carefully' read through my Dad's eagle collection too, awesome

9. Thewholehogg

I had a 'Commando' calender on the office wall last year.
    Some great artwork.
    My dad was always a big fan of these comics too.

I really likes Battle comic with Charley's War, D-Day Dawson and The Rat Pack.
    My granny would get for me every week.
    Feel cold steel Krauts!!
  10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

11. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

2000AD was brilliant :D
  12. berry

berry Active Member

did 2000AD have a Jaws type shark in it?
  13. I believe so Berry.. :)
  14. Thewholehogg

No, the Shark was called Hook Jaw and I believe he was in Action Comic.
  15. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Yeii Garfield! One of my all time favourites. I had a Garfield teddy as a child and it came with me everywhere. Eventually the eyes fell off...I was devastated! :D

I was also a big fan of Les Tuniques Bleues (The blue coats), and Tintin.
  16. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

is comic and cartoon the same thing?
  17. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I used to love comics, what has today come to with Cartoons etc? I mean some of the stuff on TV for kids now is just utter ridiculous. Have you seen that dick and dom show? What a pair of nut jobs!
  18. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

tom and jerry was all i liked when i was young. nothing else could be better!
  19. my favourite tom and jerry was the one with the frozen kitchen and all the ice skating :) absolutely lovely one that :)
  20. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

I just love all the episodes..........they were pure creativity! I love the episode where TOM was trying to impress a girl (a cat) with jerry as the enslaved performer.:p