Comic Sans Anyone?

It's funny, when I glanced at this article this morning on my Android, the whole article was in Comic Sans, now on a Mac it isn't. I agree there's nothing fundamentally wrong with Comic Sans other than its ubiquity. I used it liberally when I was younger. My girlfriends mother did her Masters degree dissertation (bound as a book!) in Comic Sans. The font on my phone at the moment is another type of scrawl script also.

I do remember the Win98 Days, Comic Sans was a favourite back then... to actually believe it I had a whole Project report printed and submitted on 'Comic Sans' ... Nowadays... I guess I have grown up ... :D

I remember that I used it when I was 13-14. Now I don't really like it, it does not look serious or original at all.
I have seen many business cards with this font... it is quite wierd. When you have this kind of cards in your hands, you think "hmm, this business doesn't look serious, I should find another enterprise, more professionnal".

Lunera said:
I remember that I used it when I was 13-14. Now I don't really like it, it does not look serious or original at all.
I have seen many business cards with this font... it is quite wierd. When you have this kind of cards in your hands, you think "hmm, this business doesn't look serious, I should find another enterprise, more professionnal".

It might be OK if you were a clown doing children's entertainment :D

stretch_clown.jpg

I'm half tempted to design some "ironic" t-shirts saying 'give comic sans a chance' printed in... Well, not tahoma let's just say that!

I just can't stand the font, it is childish, and I tell you, where I am, everyone who creates a forum uses it. Mostly Club Penguin forum proposals, but I've seen a few otherwise. Funny, though.

I was in a Solicitors Office the other day when I witnessed... this!

comicsolicitor.jpg

Yes, yes, bad photo I know. But is that Comic Sans in a Solicitors Office??? Come on! :(

Back