Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comic Sans Anyone?

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by Thewholehogg, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

2. DesignMyBox

DesignMyBox Member

Nowadays, if you say that you love Comic Sans, I am sure you'll be frowned upon. Unless you are 6 years old...

3. wac

wac Senior Member

It's funny, when I glanced at this article this morning on my Android, the whole article was in Comic Sans, now on a Mac it isn't. I agree there's nothing fundamentally wrong with Comic Sans other than its ubiquity. I used it liberally when I was younger. My girlfriends mother did her Masters degree dissertation (bound as a book!) in Comic Sans. The font on my phone at the moment is another type of scrawl script also.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

I agree with Mark Scott from Basingstoke:

5. Crazyhunk

Crazyhunk Junior Member

I do remember the Win98 Days, Comic Sans was a favourite back then... to actually believe it I had a whole Project report printed and submitted on 'Comic Sans' ... Nowadays... I guess I have grown up ... :D

6. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

I remember that I used it when I was 13-14. Now I don't really like it, it does not look serious or original at all.
    I have seen many business cards with this font... it is quite wierd. When you have this kind of cards in your hands, you think "hmm, this business doesn't look serious, I should find another enterprise, more professionnal".

7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

It might be OK if you were a clown doing children's entertainment :D

[​IMG]

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I'm half tempted to design some "ironic" t-shirts saying 'give comic sans a chance' printed in... Well, not tahoma let's just say that!

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Do it Jim! :)

10. Thewholehogg

Do it now!

11. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

With a smiling clown ! =D

12. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Haha it shall be done, by popular demand!

13. Thewholehogg

Like this....;)

Attached Files:

14. Brawly

Brawly Junior Member

I just can't stand the font, it is childish, and I tell you, where I am, everyone who creates a forum uses it. Mostly Club Penguin forum proposals, but I've seen a few otherwise. Funny, though.

15. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I was in a Solicitors Office the other day when I witnessed... this!

[​IMG]

Yes, yes, bad photo I know. But is that Comic Sans in a Solicitors Office??? Come on! :(

16. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not just in a solicitors office, but on a notice regarding your Will!

17. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Haha, I know! And that was only one of them, there were more!