Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comic Sans Anyone?

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by Thewholehogg, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

2. DesignMyBox

DesignMyBox Member

Nowadays, if you say that you love Comic Sans, I am sure you'll be frowned upon. Unless you are 6 years old...
  3. wac

wac Senior Member

It's funny, when I glanced at this article this morning on my Android, the whole article was in Comic Sans, now on a Mac it isn't. I agree there's nothing fundamentally wrong with Comic Sans other than its ubiquity. I used it liberally when I was younger. My girlfriends mother did her Masters degree dissertation (bound as a book!) in Comic Sans. The font on my phone at the moment is another type of scrawl script also.
  4. Greg

Greg Active Member

I agree with Mark Scott from Basingstoke:

5. Crazyhunk

Crazyhunk Junior Member

I do remember the Win98 Days, Comic Sans was a favourite back then... to actually believe it I had a whole Project report printed and submitted on 'Comic Sans' ... Nowadays... I guess I have grown up ... :D
  6. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

I remember that I used it when I was 13-14. Now I don't really like it, it does not look serious or original at all.
    I have seen many business cards with this font... it is quite wierd. When you have this kind of cards in your hands, you think "hmm, this business doesn't look serious, I should find another enterprise, more professionnal".
  7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

It might be OK if you were a clown doing children's entertainment :D

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I'm half tempted to design some "ironic" t-shirts saying 'give comic sans a chance' printed in... Well, not tahoma let's just say that!
  9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Do it Jim! :)
  10. Thewholehogg

Do it now!
  11. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

With a smiling clown ! =D
  12. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Haha it shall be done, by popular demand!
  13. Thewholehogg

Like this....;)

Attached Files:

14. Brawly

Brawly Junior Member

I just can't stand the font, it is childish, and I tell you, where I am, everyone who creates a forum uses it. Mostly Club Penguin forum proposals, but I've seen a few otherwise. Funny, though.
  15. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I was in a Solicitors Office the other day when I witnessed... this!

Yes, yes, bad photo I know. But is that Comic Sans in a Solicitors Office??? Come on! :(
  16. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not just in a solicitors office, but on a notice regarding your Will!
  17. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Haha, I know! And that was only one of them, there were more!