Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

comic relief

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Mar 13, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

anybody did anything "funny for money"?

anybody watching it? it's absolutely, positootly, sh*te. Not even funny. Funnier when they weren't even aiming to be funny.

2. Adam

Adam Senior Member

James Corden sketch with England which was just on was amazing, funny but true.

If you don't find some of the comic relief stuff funny Tim then you need to find/buy a sense of humour! :D

3. tim

tim Senior Member

hmm... just a bit too plastic.

the latest sketch was funny, fair does, but you can still easily notice the plastic acting. pisses me off!

4. berry

berry Active Member

Is it comic relief day? Must have missed it through all the unnfunnyness that is in the way.

Good cause but too many celebrities and profiling in the way....

Think I may climb a nice big hill with a video camera tommorow. ( hope my wife doesn't chat up some footballers tommorow night)

5. Adam

Adam Senior Member

I'm one hell of a massive Ricky Gervais fan, so i've been watching it all evening just to see him appear on it!

Unfunny or not, its for a good cause.

6. berry

berry Active Member

So is Alzheimer's..... but I can't remember anyone doing anything about it...

So is Alzheimer's..... but I can't remember anyone doing anything about it....

Did I mention Alzheimer's?....

What were talking about?

Oh Yes...

7. tim

tim Senior Member

lol - notice Berry how you always play the old person...? :p

@kudosis: ricky gervais should be called ricky jerkface. i don't get his style, and his film was an epic fail.

Good cause, i agree. but i agree with Berry. There's too many celebs... which means too much concentration on them instead of the fact "3 people die every minute".

8. berry

berry Active Member

Hello..

Did I mention Alzheimer's?....

What were talking about?

Oh Yes...

What day is today?

9. ThomasHardy

ThomasHardy Junior Member

I thought it was ok although I only watched bits. The Corden sketch was amazing though!

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

:( I'm disappointed in you Tim, I was so impressed with you new :batman: avatar, then you go and let yourself down with a comment like that!!

(If you haven't already guessed, I'm a huge Gervais fan, love all of his TV work and podcasts, although can't say as though I've been tempted to any of the films he's done.

11. tim

tim Senior Member

I only hate him because of the 2008 film. Just can not do a film in the slightest.

And that avatar isn't a drawing, or anythig in photoshop, it's my t-shirt!

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ahh OK, what was that the one to do with ghosts? Ghost Town or something?
    I can't imagine his movie work has been a patch on The Office/Extras/his stand-ups/podcasts! Worth checking those out if you haven't already, then you'll see why Ricky is loved! :D

That's a cool tee! nice work :)

13. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah, Topmaaaan!

and i see how he's loved, but he should stick to stuff like the office, i dont think his humour fits too much else :)

I handed a few design agencies the DF cards BTW. not sure if they joined or not. also in printing places in my town :)

14. Adam

Adam Senior Member

If you dont find Ricky Gervais funny then you really are stupid! :)

Tim, you are now on my Blacklist.

Ricky Gervais is a genius.

Greg, I salute you! (I gathered you were a fan in the other thread from our quotes! :D)

15. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Oh god I love Ricky Gervais! His thing last night wasn't too amazing though, you have to admit, and I'm a die hard fan.

16. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I love his stand-up, but I actually found Ghost Town quite funny as well. You should definitely give it a watch if you like Ricky Gervais. It's a typical cheesy American rom-com but Gervais is excellent in it :)

17. tim

tim Senior Member

god how many designers love Ricky Gervais?! this is disgusting!!

18. Harry

Harry Senior Member

His comedy is probably a little high-brow for you I'm guessing :p

Nah, he's like marmite, you either really love him, or really hate him.

19. tim

tim Senior Member

yeh, im feeling that. i can watch some of his stuff and laugh my face off, but other times im cringing at his stuff.

take for example comic relief 2008. did such a poor sketch.

20. Adam

Adam Senior Member

It could be down to you being to young to appreciate some of his comedy i think, I love The Office, but thats mainly because i can relate to it and love how he did it.

Last nights sketch wasn't amazing, but still funny. Ghostown was alright but nothing special.

They have a new series coming out (Gervais & Merchant) which I can't wait to see