Combining brands

Aura

I've been asked to create a co-branded document for our company and another using both our styles and theirs. My current idea is to simplify the document and stick more to our branding on the pages, using their branding on their intro page, but I'm concerned this won't be enough.

Does anyone have any tips on (or know of any examples of) merging two branding styles together without creating a complete mess.?

Thanks

From experience it can be difficult since often both brands/brand managers will want the emphasis on their styles and one set of guidelines can often contradict the other (don't even get me started on how useless brand guidelines in general can be). Which fonts do you use for example, colours, etc? If they want a co-branded document then they'll both have to be flexible or it just won't work and it will look like a crappy mess.

I'd probably tackle it as you say, sticking more to your company's style put incorporating elements of the other (colours or icons perhaps) throughout. Alternatively create something from scratch that uses a new style but takes inspiration from both, so it's neither one nor the other.

Without knowing the type of document it's a little hard to give tips.

Personally I'd 'create a style based around the document' and then include relevant branding on their intro pages... reason being is if you stick to one the other company is going to get a little annoyed because it makes them look as though they're not the main company if you get me.

I've seen booklets which have been done in their own style, based on the topic of the booklet, and then on the back/front page or inner cover/intro page there was the associated company logo's in greyscale or full colour.

Thank you both! The document is an eBook, probably only 7-8 pages long, about how to increase online sales using one of the company's marketing products. I've always been wary of breaking away too far from brand guidelines but this has given me the encouragement I need to just go for it with something sightly more original.

Back