Colours & theory

Renniks

Haven't a clue which section to put this in ...

Anyone have resources to learn about the different colour systems that are currently in use.

RGB
CMYK
Pantone
% values
Swatches
Color Charts

And just about anything else....

Essentially I feel I should know as much about this as I can... :D and want YOUR help :O

going off on a little bit of a tangent, and slap me if it's not my place to say. But maybe it would be a good idea, once there's more stickies and guides about to have an "educational" section of the forum as it were. A place for theories, tutorials, guides, etc?

:p tangents are great especially with suggestions for this place...

And who elses place would it be to say other than ours as the users...

Not sure if you noticed, there would be a blog section of the site in development, for us as users to send in some blogs etc. and really get this place an educational portal...

I'm sure there would be a system of people asking for others to look into blogs of interest to them (ie in the case a blog on colours)

renniks said:
:p tangents are great especially with suggestions for this place...

And who elses place would it be to say other than ours as the users...

Not sure if you noticed, there would be a blog section of the site in development, for us as users to send in some blogs etc. and really get this place an educational portal...

I'm sure there would be a system of people asking for others to look into blogs of interest to them (ie in the case a blog on colours)

Ya I thought about the blog section just after I posted this. Such articles/posts would be a good way to generate traffic

As for colour theory, errr I think I might have some stuff in some of my design books at home I'll have a nosey later

I'm not a great reader of books, I can scour hundreds of websites and read and take in everything, but give me a book and I find it more difficult if I'm not scanning for particular things (non-fiction books)....

So find buying them a bad idea.

This is the one book you need for colour reference. It's in my reference bookcase - £26.00

971s9d.jpg

30sc61j.jpg

Looks like a really good book :p but costs £26 on top of all the other things I want to buy :'( haha

10 Books you need. £164.00

1. The Production Manual: A Grapic Design handbook - Gavin Ambrose £24.00
2. The complete guide to Digital Graphic Design -Bob Gordon £20.00
3. 1000 Graphic Elements - Rockport £25
4. 1000 Greetings - Rockport £25.
5. Web Design index - Gunter Beer ( vol 6 or 7 or any) £15.00
6. Pantone guide to communicating with colour - Leatrice Eiseman £25
7. More words that sell - Richard Bayan £11.00
8 Logo Lounge - Rockport 15.00
9. It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be - Paul Arden £4.99
10. The BB Book of Life - Design Forums - UK Graphic Design & Web Design Forum - £0.00

when number 10 is finished its RRP will be "your soul" :lol:

10 books suggested by Berry - £164
A life on DF day being ripped to shreds and eaten by Berry - Priceless

:p

Trundles off to look at books

Back