Colours different on other screens and printed from different computers?!

HarryE15

Hello!
I'm currently designing a few postcards on Photoshop and sending them to the client via google mail; I have sent in many different forms and saving types (CMYK, RGB, PDF, JPEG, save for web etc) and the colours the client is receiving are completely different to the ones I see on my screen. We tried printing on the same printer too to see if it was simply just because of a different screen configuration and the colours match the ones we both see on our screens. As you can understand this is a bit of a worry! I'm wondering if most of what I have been sending/ posting online in the past has been seen with the wrong colours all this time!
What am I doing wrong here? Is there a way of fixing it?
Thank you!

Calibration... it's really that simple. Unless both computers are using accurately colour calibrated screens and printers (with the same profile used when printing) then you're never going to match.
A decent printer should be colour calibrated etc but I'll let the printers on the site help you more in that area as well it's not my area of expertise.

Thank you, so would I be right in thinking that I would need to be the one to send the document with the correct colours to the printers? As the other laptops are viewing and printing incorrectly?

Different screens can show colours VERY differently.
Often the printed thing will be different to what you see on your own screen.
orange is particularly bad for this.

I recall having to purchase a Pantone swatch sheet to reassure a client we were talking about the same colour.
Back in the day we used to get Chromoline prints done to make sure which were REALLY expensive.

Maybe getting them outputted by a good quality art printer might be an option?

Thank you, so would I be right in thinking that I would need to be the one to send the document with the correct colours to the printers? As the other laptops are viewing and printing incorrectly?
not necessarily, it's entirely possible that your computer is the one that is wrongly calibrated or even they both are.

Some printers do do a test print though..

Back