• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Collaborative Projects

Has anyone here had much success in collaborative projects? I've only ever had the chance to do a few bits as collab projects in my last full-time job, but thought that working as a freelancer I'd have had more opportunities to take on some joint projects, with other designers/illustrators/creatives.

Do you think there is any truth in the phrase, a camel is a horse designed by committee, which I think is meaning that the vision/idea of one person is greater/purer than that of a combination as the vision becomes diluted once everyone has their involvement?

I've never really had the opportunity of collaborating with others. Rather, I should so that I haven't taken the opportunity to collaborate. Everytime I've had the chance to collaborate I worry that our ideas will be too opposing, or my perfectionism will get in they way....

I think I'd really have to get to know someone before I would be comfortable working on a project with them...but maybe I'm just being close-minded about it.