Collaboration Software

wac

Does anyone know of a good free or affordable collaboration sites?
We need something where we can remotely make and annotate notes and link to other documents, kind of like Google docs but more advanced?

Give asana a try, it's very note oriented and sounds like it might serve your needs quite well. It can sync with dropbox, allowing you to attach any DB file to any note in Asana, can be accessed anywhere by anyone.

I use basecamp currently, but just had a quick look at Asana, that is free and looks brilliant.

I've been using it for a few months in one of my projects and it's actually quite good. If you're looking for a full on suit for big project management, you'll probably want something else, like Basecamp.

if you have your own website you could always go for one of these most have their own sites and installers, softaculous just has the demos etc :)

Even though I personally think the above post is spam, I'm going to leave it here purely because Framebench is on topic and doesn't actually look too bad from a quick look around

Since I last commented, someone brought to my attention a piece of software called Duet that looks pretty good. It's a decent project management tool, it allows for file uploads, client logins, payment processing, account-wide payment statistics and reports and more.
It's a one off payment ($49) with free updates for a year, and it's standalone software too! Your data is yours, all you need is a web hosting account and you're good to go!

Actually I'm glad this post resurfaced as I can now report that I've been using asana for free for the better part of ten months it and it works great.
I use it to manage several collaborations and, when used correctly it eliminates that 'searching histroic emails' thing we all do when we're trying to find that thing from that project you put on the back burner six months ago.
So thanks Sean

No problem mate :)
I'd love to see your Asana set up, I haven't used it in a little while as it felt a bit limiting - maybe you've found a way to get around things or they have been upgrading it?

Back