Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coffee drinker

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Jun 12, 2012.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

Anyone here a coffee drinker?

Moved to London a couple of months ago and discovered independent coffee shops that use amazing Square Mile roasts!

Anyone want to nerd out?
  2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I loves the coffee.
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

ello again!

we went for a Starbucks once... i remember you got an espresso or similar.

got a french press at home?
  4. Thewholehogg

Americano. Starbucks aint that good.
    I would like a French Maid at home.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

lol i knew i'd get a good answer outta you

yeah haven't been to starbucks since working there - found much better coffee elsewhere!
  6. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

I had my one and only cup of coffee when I was about 12, well I had a gulp and was immediately alarmed at how rancid it tasted. I have never tasted it since and when fresh beans are being ground and the smell gets near my snout I wretch.

Tea time.
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

@Greg - yeah the smell is incredible! cappuccinos aren't that great to be honest; lots of foam for no reason. get yourself a flat white or a latte if you prefer a weaker coffee :)

@yellowdog - no way! that sucks! sounds like me and vodka... but that was a whole night of drinking... and it didnt end well.
  8. balders

balders Member

A woman in the office produced something very odd the other day, coffee in a individual coffee bag. Like a tea bag, but it had ground coffee in.

Didn't taste to bad considering, better than instant.
  9. tim

tim Senior Member

if any of you guys have a french press you can do filter coffee for crazy cheap.

take it to work with you.

all you need to do is buy beans and ask them to grind them to french press.

i spend 30p a cup i believe? tiny amounts. and nice coffee if you go to independent coffee shops too.
  10. mmmm coffee :)
  11. Thewholehogg

Needs the coffee....loves the coffee...!
  12. Russell

Russell Member

My Nespresso machine is the greatest office purchase I have made. Had a mild panic attack when it broke but they picked it up next day and gave me a courtesy machine while it was being repaired. Love their customer service.
  13. hmmm Nespresso machine.. might have to get one :)
  14. Crocky

Crocky New Member

limited caffeine intake, otherwise too wired... Soho - Milkbar. Strong and seriously addictive.
  15. tim

tim Senior Member

ah i went to Milkbar a week or two ago. the same guys who own Milkbar own Flat White just around the corner.

they use Square Mile roast so there's probably 10-20 other coffee shops around that use the same roasts.

in all honestly the quality of their steamed milk doesnt compare to Kaffeine (between Oxford Circus and Marylebone).

try a Cortado/Piccolo next time you go though Crocky. maybe better for a day you're a bit more tired as is less milk so tastes stronger, but is perfect all the same.