Coding Help!

gammerscreative

Hi guys, I am trying to design my new companys website. Bad idea as I am more of a arty farty designer using Dreamweaver haha!

A few problems I am facing;

1. I cannot seem to resolve the floating footer on some pages (tried to follow coding tutorials, viewed many but still too advanced for my head! There is no dummy guide...)

2. when I zoom in and out of the pages, the text expands behind the web logo. I know this is because I created a new div outside of the floating div container but I can't keep the text in a fixed position!
www.gammerscreative.co.uk is where to go. Any help would be appreciated from any web tech!

N.B. I know the contact page and portfolio page have nothing to show, haven't got that far.Want to iron out these two problems first. Also, I know it doesn't look 'professional' but this is my second attempt at web design. Go easy on me! Actually, I wouldn't mind feedback too.

Luke

Try something like:

#footer {
background-color: #6C6C6C;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-family: Trebuchet MS;
font-size: x-small;
margin: 0;
padding: 5px;
position: fixed;
text-align: left;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
height: 10px;
width: 100%;
}

#apDiv1 {
float: right;
margin-right: 15px;
}

And probably better to give class and id different names ie in your footer you have both the class and id called footer which could get confusing.

Last edited:
Also check you HTML here validator.w3.org/ on a regular basis as you develop the page

"Line 149, Column 12: ID "sidebar1" already defined
<div id="sidebar1">"
id's for elements have to be unique, if you want the same css use a class

Back