Cocon font

Renniks

Just read this post (through twitter, quite useful :)) 25 Classic Fonts That Will Last a Whole Design Career
and saw 'Cocon' as one of the 25 fonts that will last a whole design career. I really dont like it, any instances of it being used? and your opinions of it? :D

Cocon.jpg

I don't think it will last a whole 'career', I can see it looking dated in a few years time, and no can't say I've seen it in use anywhere?

I'd never actually heard of cocon or seen it for that matter but it seems that my logo is similar to it in some ways. Atleast my new logo's timeless then :p

Cocon is used as Butlin's "Splash" swimming pool main font, I used to produce work for Butlins at my last place. Everything imo associated with Butlins is rubbish, so by default, so is Cocon, despite having a funny name.

Really Nik? thats not a pleasant thing to be reminded of? Butlins can harm the psyche of anyone.

We (previous studio i was at) bought Cocon last summer - thought it was great - then realised its everywhere - ASDA use it on frozen veg - Durex on rubber jonnies - everywhere.

Nice typeface tho.

i have to say we have 23 of those fonts always active, the trusted and 'everyday' fonts.

Back