Clothing Logo And Banner Required.

Buliwyf

Hello,

Myself and a friend are looking into starting a clothing label based on a biker gang aesthetic. There is also a band and a custom motorcycle garage who will be using the branding. For those of you unfamiliar with this aesthetic, the basis consists of a Patch (Being a large gang logo in the center of the back) a "top rocker" (the name of the gang, written in an arc over the top of the logo) and a "bottom rocker" (the name of the location of the member written in an inverted arc below the logo).

The name of the brand will be "The Plague".

Owing to this being an ongoing idea that has evolved over a few years between several people, there is something of a mythology built around it. I will try to explain to provide as much information as possible. The mythology is essentially based on the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse, depicted as Hussars ( a type of eighteenth century cavalry soldier.) The Four Horsemen represent Victory, Strength, Justice and Death. Parts of life we consider to be important to anybody. The logo specifically of The Plague will be, naturally, The Hussar Of Death. He will be depicted, essentially, as the grim reaper, riding a horse, dressed as a Hussar and carrying a cavalry sabre instead of the traditional scythe.

The project I am requesting from you fellows is as follows:

The Four Horsemen all depicted in one image. To be used as a banner or header.
The Plague logo (The Hussar Of Death) to be used on t shirts, baseball caps, websites, hoodies and keychains. It will need to be detailed enough to be identifiable as what it is but simple enough that it will translate easily through the size changes that will be required for each of these mediums.
Lettering design for the logo. It would be helpful if this could be done separately to the logo, so that we could have it all together where we felt it fitted or just have the logo or wording on it's own where it seemed right.

In the spirit of full disclosure I have had some problems with getting my bank to send money across to Paypal so I am not sure that will be a viable payment method for me. I am of course happy to pay the money into any UK bank off your choosing. I think it is important to be upfront about such things.

I would like our designer to have some experience in creating similar logos and have some natural tendency towards the type of aesthetic we are going for. Feel free to ask any questions you like and I shall do my best to answer them in full.
I look forward to speaking to you.

I must say this sounds like an incredible brief, thought provoking and very interesting indeed. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a designer to work on this project, but feel free to get in touch with me if you have any difficulties and I will be able to assist you.

This is something I may be interested in, particularly the illustrative part of the brief. Although I've never designed a patch before, I think you'll struggle to
find someone who has, specially on this site. You might be better off somewhere like Computer Arts or Imagine FX, if they still have a forum.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any more information.

Back