• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Clients From Abroad

T

Tony Hardy

Just started dealing with a new client and he's from Egypt.
He says he needs a SWIFT code for my bank account rather than a sort code? Had a bit research and it seems normal.
Has anyone experienced foreign clients, what has it been like?

S

Squiddy

Only from the states, but we've just been (reluctantly) using paypal so far. Haven't really got my head around the whole finding a way to not pay ridiculous fees for currency conversion. I could just do it via my bank I guess.

Levi

Staff member
yeah had a us company, they just need a code to go with everything. It makes the transfer easier supposedly and I suppose it did apart from one hidden charge from MY bank :angry: .
I got charged 15 quid by my bank (lovely people aren't they) and from what I could tell how much transferred didn't matter, luckily it wasn't too bad in this case as it was a couple of grand but it's worth noting in case of smaller amounts

T

Tony Hardy

There best not be any additional charges! If there is, the client will be getting them on his final bill! Haha.

lblack

Have a lot of experience with clients all over the world. The difference being that I take 30% upfront, 30% 3/4 into the job and 40% on delivery.
You can most probably find the SWIFT code on your banks website or if you Google it