Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear a form onSubmit

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Right everyone.. rookie mistake but can't work it out.. can someone tell me why my form isn't resetting after the email is sent?

Code:
    <form id="ajax-contact-form" class="newsletter-form" method="post" action="contact.php" action="javascript:alert('success!');" OnSubmit="setTimeout('clear_form()', 200); return true"><div class="wrapper-level2"><div class="title" style="font-size:1.25em;line-height:1.2em;padding-top:2px;margin-bottom:-20px;"><strong>Request to join now</strong></div><label> <b>Name:</b><input type="text" name="name" value="name" /></label><label> <b>Email:</b><input type="text" name="email" value="email" /></label>  <input type="checkbox" value="" id="checkbox" /><span>I agree to the <i><a href="terms.pdf">Terms</a></i></span> <div class="clear"></div><br/><input name="submit" type="image" class="btn" src="../images/submit.png" value="Send" /><div class="clear"></div>			</div></form>
    The code i'm using to clear the form is:

Code:
    <?php function clear_form() {document.execute.reset(); }?>
    this code is in the header, but i just can't seem to work out why its not working.

Any help would be great.. having a bit of a dumb moment and just need some help :)

Thanks all :)

2. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Hay Bird!

Where is execute coming in?
    Also wont the page just submit itself anyway meaning that is pretty pointless?
    What errors are you getting in Firefoxs Error Console? :)