Cleaning tips for Apple keyboard

@GCarlD

Hi all,

My Apple keyboard is well overdue a good clean to the point that the keys are off white :oops:

I feel it may need more than a damp cloth to do the job.

Does anyone have any tips, do's and don't's on how to thoroughly clean the keyboard & get the keys back to their original bright whites?

I'm guessing a bit of washing up liquid or any other product may ruin the keyboard.

How do you guys go about cleaning your Apple keyboard?

Cheers!

how do I clean my pc keyboard.... I normally end up just buying a new keyboard lol

I bought a keyboard online for about a fiver, and it's never failed in about 15 years - by the looks of it the packaging was more expensive than the keyboard!

how do I clean my pc keyboard.... I normally end up just buying a new keyboard lol

That did cross my mind but then I thought how uneconomical would I be to buy a new keyboard every time my current one got dirty haha.

I bought a keyboard online for about a fiver, and it's never failed in about 15 years - by the looks of it the packaging was more expensive than the keyboard!

But I bet it got dirty in that time period! Do keyboards ever really fail?!

That reminds me, I just can't seem to find any suitable replacement lettering for my Windows laptop keys online. I tried ebay etc and they just have those annoying ones with the character repeated superscripted in the corner of the same key, Why?!

That reminds me, I just can't seem to find any suitable replacement lettering for my Windows laptop keys online. I tried ebay etc and they just have those annoying ones with the character repeated superscripted in the corner of the same key, Why?!

I worked in a studio that had an Abu Dhabi office that closed and all their equipment came back to the Manchester office. Some of the staff swapped their keyboards for versions that also have Arabic characters on the keys. They look really cool and I want one.

I worked in a studio that had an Abu Dhabi office that closed and all their equipment came back to the Manchester office. Some of the staff swapped their keyboards for versions that also have Arabic characters on the keys. They look really cool and I want one.

I'm sure I saw them on ebay

Back