Citroën's New Identity

Dave1975

Citroën has launched its new corporate identity, designed by Landor Associates Paris and Citroën's in-house team led by Jean-Pierre Ploué

The French car manufacturer last night unveiled a softer and less angular incarnation of its chevron corporate identity in Paris, alongside the first in a series of three redesigned DS models.

The company is hoping the new identity, car models and showrooms will help lift it out of a downturn in the car industry, caused by a slump in sales and a continuing dearth of credit.
getasset.aspx

Landor?s Citroën logo launches - Design Week

Sorry, but I hate it.

It seems like it's attempting to be up-to-date more than actually being up-to-date.

Do love the font though, i think that's the only part that half attracts me :D

Why are all the big companies stepping into the cartoon-ish style? I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!
I've made my point :down:

I like the change on the emblem but the font sucks badly... very badly. Landor should be ashamed of themselves.

well i obviously couldn't have a more different opinion to you Eagle!

my first post said the exact opposite!

I don't really like the new one... It's neither fish nor bird, it's just something weird, the emblem doesn't match the font at all... I think the font looks dated already, Very 80's sci-fi...

Assosiation to a sci-fi anime. I don't knwow anything about the brand really, but from a visual perspective... nah, not so much

For me - i dont think they really need it - their previous logo was instanly regcognisable - with out any words - you saw the red box - you saw the two pointy arrow things - you saw citroen.

Now i see what looks like two shiney silver fake moustaches above some bad type.

Sometimes i think a good logo is a good logo - why try and reinvent whats already one of your biggest assets?

I wonder how if it's their car designs have kind of pushed the logo to develop in this way, as they started integrating the chevron mark on their front grills like this...

Citroen_c4.jpg

So with a smoother car shape and body maybe they think there's more possibilities with the smoother chevron mark at the front?

I personally quite like how they integrated it with the example above, thought it was working well to bring their now old logo up-to-date...

250px-Citroen_logo.svg.png

hmm well I don't like either of the logos as a whole but I think the design idea is between the two if that makes sense. I really don't like the illustrative/cartoon look for the chevrons but the colours give it more that chrome feel which reflects the metal chevrons on the car grills...if they could shade it differently to steer away from that animated look it might work in grey tones. I think the chevrons should remain pointed at the front otherwise it may look like two boomerangs as it does now! I also think 'Citroen' should remain in black because too much red gives off an aggressive feel and with that typeface hurts the eyes! I don't like the typeface on the new logo. I think maybe keeping the old typeface and colour but modifying the chevrons and possibly changing the red box to black or grey? ...I'm not sure..would need to play around with it! Black, grey, white could look too dated though and not appealing to the right target market ...

Back