Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Citroën's New Identity

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Greg, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Landor?s Citroën logo launches - Design Week
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

Sorry, but I hate it.

It seems like it's attempting to be up-to-date more than actually being up-to-date.

Do love the font though, i think that's the only part that half attracts me :D
  3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Why are all the big companies stepping into the cartoon-ish style? I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!
    I've made my point :down:
  4. Eagle

Eagle Member

I like the change on the emblem but the font sucks badly... very badly. Landor should be ashamed of themselves.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

well i obviously couldn't have a more different opinion to you Eagle!

my first post said the exact opposite!
  6. Greg

Greg Active Member

I think the typeface is going to look dated in 3-4 years time, if not sooner!
  7. Eagle

Eagle Member

I think Landor have been hitting 10,000 Free :rolleyes: :lol:
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Why didn't they check our handy thread of Font resources? :rolleyes:
    Maybe I'll drop them a line if I get 5 minutes :D
  9. Michae

Michae Member

I don't really like the new one... It's neither fish nor bird, it's just something weird, the emblem doesn't match the font at all... I think the font looks dated already, Very 80's sci-fi...
  10. electricalyce

electricalyce Member

Assosiation to a sci-fi anime. I don't knwow anything about the brand really, but from a visual perspective... nah, not so much
  11. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

That is an utter sh*te typeface.

And the shading on the mark is a bad idea.
  12. Eagle

Eagle Member

Out of interest, why do you think it's a bad idea?
  13. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

For me - i dont think they really need it - their previous logo was instanly regcognisable - with out any words - you saw the red box - you saw the two pointy arrow things - you saw citroen.

Now i see what looks like two shiney silver fake moustaches above some bad type.

Sometimes i think a good logo is a good logo - why try and reinvent whats already one of your biggest assets?
  14. Greg

Greg Active Member

I wonder how if it's their car designs have kind of pushed the logo to develop in this way, as they started integrating the chevron mark on their front grills like this...

So with a smoother car shape and body maybe they think there's more possibilities with the smoother chevron mark at the front?

I personally quite like how they integrated it with the example above, thought it was working well to bring their now old logo up-to-date...

15. Charlieburt85

Charlieburt85 Member

hmm well I don't like either of the logos as a whole but I think the design idea is between the two if that makes sense. I really don't like the illustrative/cartoon look for the chevrons but the colours give it more that chrome feel which reflects the metal chevrons on the car grills...if they could shade it differently to steer away from that animated look it might work in grey tones. I think the chevrons should remain pointed at the front otherwise it may look like two boomerangs as it does now! I also think 'Citroen' should remain in black because too much red gives off an aggressive feel and with that typeface hurts the eyes! I don't like the typeface on the new logo. I think maybe keeping the old typeface and colour but modifying the chevrons and possibly changing the red box to black or grey? ...I'm not sure..would need to play around with it! Black, grey, white could look too dated though and not appealing to the right target market ...