Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronicle (film)

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen Chronicle yet?

I went to see it the other day and it's one of the best films I've seen in a long long time. It's shot on a low budget, but it's a great film about 3 guys who inherit telekinesis and document what they do with it.

It's really entertaining and a little bit on the indie film side, definitely worth going out and supporting!
  2. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Thanks for the tip - I'll get my act together and go see it.
  3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Actually saw a trailer for this last night and thought it looked good, will go watch :icon_wink:
  4. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

I want to see this, but may have to drag the whole family along. Is it suitable for a 9 year old?
  5. Tony Hardy

There's probably not a lot in it that a 9 year old wouldn't get. There's nothing sexual or no massive amounts of swearing.

Don't quote me on that though, as I can't remember exactly haha :)
  6. chisan

chisan New Member

totally agree! loved every minute of it! although the people i went with didn't like the last 20mins or so!
  7. Edge

Edge Active Member

I hate handycam films

I f you don't mind a 9 year old see a guy getting a spear through his chest then it's OK - I wouldn't want mine to.

When I first sat down to watch it and realised it was another on of those ' shot on handycam for effect and also because we don't have enough money' films I just thought 'Oh god'. However, the acting was decent and the storyline pretty reasonable so not too bad in the end.
  8. Tony Hardy

Forgot about the whole spear through the chest incident. It's not that grim though. Like, the angles hide it fairly well.

Also, the last 20 minutes weren't as good as the rest of the film.
  9. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

No more spoilers!

Looks like just me and the wife going now.:icon_smile: