Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Presents...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Hannah, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Hannah

Hannah New Member

Hi guys. So... i've just been trawling through the internet looking for gift ideas for friends and family. They're all pretty standard and then I came across this suggestion; making a booklet for a younger member of the family. Using PhotoShop and an image of said person, place over stock images of famous land marks, making it seem as though they've travelled the world! I thought this was great as it could show off your design skills.
    But, I have a few more gifts I need to give and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for Christmas presents a graphic designer to give? Not long left now!

2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

4. wac

wac Senior Member

Very cool but is £25 for one pair?!
  5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Just buy one.
  6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Typo how much was that Pantone Mug you had? Anyone else noticed they have lots of those in the background on... This Morning I think it is.
  7. Thewholehogg

Tynemouth front street, trendy shop next to the Coop. It was about 15 quid if I recall.
    What you doing watching This Morning so closely?
  8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Hey how can you help but spot those mugs a mile off?
  9. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

Urban Outfitters are always good for quirky gifts, also a website called is a good little place.

Who is it you need to buy for and what are they in to? x
  10. Hannah

Hannah New Member

I'll have to put those socks on my list :)

Well I don't actually have any money so was looking for cheap solutions.
    Things to make, using my design skills, or not but something cool!

I bought an old book from a charity shop and hollowed it out so it can be a stash box for my Dad :)
  11. Soprano

Soprano Member

Should've carved an illustration into the book! :) I done one for uni, my mum kept pestering me to get it back in time for christmas so I could give it to her as a present.
  12. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I'd say design your own greetings cards but I really don't think it's turned out cheaper for me... personal though.
  13. Thewholehogg

Where's mine Jim?
  14. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Lol you can have one if you like mate. You've already seen it mind.
  15. davewill

davewill Senior Member