Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas email template

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by MCB Web Design, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Just thought I'd ask for critique of a simple Christmas newsletter template I have put together earlier today.

www.mcbwebdesign.co.uk/xmas_email/

What do you guys think? Does it hit the spot for you? Does it appear professional?

2. Becky

Becky Member

Nice :) Subtle and classy, I love it

3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Who will you be sending it to? Looks fine to me, perhaps your Facebook/twitter links are drawing the attention too much away from the graphic.

Typo "MCB Web Design is a web design and development agency"

4. very nice design there :) i like it very simple :) but I do agree about the twitter / facebook being far too large :)

5. Thanks for flagging that typo, Onartis. And I'll also work on making the Facebook and Twitter icons far less prominent.

6. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Nice, simple, professional... maybe if anything lacks a bit of personality. would be good if it was animated!

7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Stack facebook & twitter ontop of each other to keep within the centre aligned theme. (also align the text at bottom to centre :))

8. Well, the email has gone out this afternoon. Let me know if you want to receive a copy though ;)

9. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

Its nice, but it doesnt make me feel christmasy!
    Makes me feel like sleeping (not cos its boring) just cos its night time and dark!

Ooops just realised im too late for feedback as you have already sent it.
    Im sure it was loved and appreciated :)

10. br3n

br3n Senior Member

So you didnt really want critique just promo for your business?

11. Not really. Pretty much the wrong place to promote my business. The expression of selling sand to Arabs springs to mind.

12. tim

tim Senior Member

not at all.

if we like it (and you dont put something up for critique when you dont actually care what the responses are) we'll have some sort of respect for yer.

otherwise, nah.

13. So because I say I've sent the newsletter out, but not updated the sample HTML version I uploaded for critique, you think I was just pimping myself out to you all?

[​IMG]

14. tim

tim Senior Member

all im saying is you put it up for critique, but then sent it out straight away.

that's not a critique.

[​IMG]

15. Well the reason for that is, it's Christmas next week and a lot of people will be finishing work early this week, if not the back end of last week. I wanted it sent out as soon as possible, hence the quick "critique this" thread. Sorry if you feel I was taking advantage.

16. tim

tim Senior Member

this is all im gonna quote.

you never did.

it just seemed like you were advertising your business because you said you were gonna work on something and then sent it out as usual anyway.

17. OK, Tim. Just to appease you, I'll upload the revised HTML file when I get to my laptop.

18. tim

tim Senior Member

it's not to meet my needs im just letting you know that's what it appeared as.

i wasnt trying to start a flame war i was just giving my own opinion.

19. Mike

Mike Senior Member

[​IMG]

Sorry couldnt resist

20. br3n

br3n Senior Member

If its not up for critique its not a problem just dont pretend thats the reason your posting here.