Christmas Card Inspiration - Any ideas

davewill

Hey guys, it's getting to that time of year in the studio I work in where we all have a crack at designing the company christmas card (which is nicknamed the poisoned chalice!) it gets harder every year trying to think of original, witty or clever ideas that will wow all of our clients.

At the moment the only reference I have is a book called 'Festive: The Art and Design of Promotional Mailing' which is excellent but most of the ideas have been used before by the company I work for! Has anyone got any good ideas, links, examples of previous things uve seen that could help me out?!
________
Juicy_Jules19 cam

Hi Dave, i've made 100's of Christmas cards in my time so far :p what is the company name (you can PM me if you don't want the whole forum to know) then make a play on words in relation to the company name with a Christmas slant.

thanks chris, the company is known by the initials GVC (so not very exciting!), no one really knows what it stands for but im pretty sure the VC stands for visual communication. so the name doesnt easily lend itself to puns but id be interested to see what you come up with!
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

I can send you a santa, penguin, reindeer, snowman or elf...you know the fellas.
PM me if you need any toontastic stuff!

GVC... hmm well that doesn't make things easy... I will have a think about possible things like:

Have a Great Value Christmas (with the GVC in the letters from the logo perhaps?)

chrismitchell said:
GVC... hmm well that doesn't make things easy... I will have a think about possible things like:

Have a Great Value Christmas (with the GVC in the letters from the logo perhaps?)

I'm sure you could use a Mrs Santa in PVC somehow :D

haha, thanks for the suggestions so far guys! i did try that last year chris, but as u say, its tough, not much lends itself to the initials, and I ended up just making sentences that really didnt make sense, just coz they used the 3 letters! and nice thinking by Tom,not quite sure thats the image my boss would go for! does anyone know of any blogs or books that showcase inspiration for this kind of thing?
________
property for sale in Pattaya

God I hate Xmas Cards!!!!!
the whole thing is too contrived and corporate and used as bad selling tool.

only thing that comes to my mind is QVC shopping channel... could do a GVC tv screen shot styleee cheese :)

qvc-germany.jpg

Berry said:
God I hate Xmas Cards!!!!!
the whole thing is too contrived and corporate and used as bad selling tool.

Haha -

How many Christmas Card jobs get passed round and round from designer to designer at design studios up and down the country!

Everyones the same - try and be quirky and stand out and oh oh its December 1st - aaarrrgghhh - 'stick some tinsel on' - 'make a tree out of the staffs name' etc etc etc

If I see another freeking company logo in a bauble reflection, on a gift tag or on the top of a piddly xmas tree I'll garotte Santa's reindeer while the kids are queuing up!

I remember at one agency we had the Xmas Card job bag opened in July...that's how sad it is!

Does this mean the Armadillo card will be a bit alternative?

Suggestion: The easter bunny standing over santa in a parody to the Ali-Liston Photo.

Back