Choosing a logo

ReeceSlack

As you know I building my brand up and my first step in choosing my logo which will represent me and be the house style for my company. This is only a rough copy but I would like some feedback on it I was thinking of maybe putting the design in a circle or something thanks. Btw the text says 'SLAK' my last name
Thanks

Attachments

• slak.jpg-large.jpg
    slak.jpg-large.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 60
No need to double post, you can use the edit post feature to add something in if you forget!
I think it's a good concept, however, the execution is very poor. If you hadn't told me what it says I would have absolutely no idea; it looks like MAX or NAX to me. The whole point of a logo is to clearly communicate who you/your company is, what they're about and the values that they represent.
At the moment I get the impression that you do water colour art - TO THE MAX :D
I would lose the water colour effect, just stick to a block colour for now. Lose the curved edges, keep it straight and above all, work on the lettering so people can actually read it!
Good luck, I look forward to seeing the revision!

Hey Reece,
The text reads "max" to me too. You might think of something cleaner. At small size the logo gets lost; it looks like a mountain with white lines. You can play with the word Slak in many ways. Good luck and keep us updated!

sorry but its max for me too.... I can't even work out how slak is supposedly being made...

Thanks for your feedback I've thought up some ideas and sketched up some much stronger branding designs, I will post them up as soon as I've finished the drafts

R

I thought of switching your color schems based on your avatar :) it would be more attractive than the one you have used

Back