• Light-bulb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strawberry

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Neither. Pick something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aeon_Knight

Hey everyone and thank you for having me in this community!

I really need some help choosing between two logos. I'm opening up my own creative studio with a couple of friends and I'm having trouble being objective enough to brand it. The name we picked is Qualix Media.

We picked the word Qualix as a reference to the phenomenon of qualia (which describes the qualities of an experience). Vsauce explains it really well in one of his videos and his real world example of it is this: if two people look at a strawberry and both agree that it's red, how do you know that the other person doesn't actually see it green but has been conditioned to call that color red. Doing a quick image search on the word qualia will actually show an image exemplifying just that.

So with all this in mind, my first logo idea was this green strawberry in a speech bubble which I thought would imply the word "media" really well. But I ran it by some people (around 20 people) and asked them what it represents to them and what they think that company sells and the results were disappointing. Only two people said something remotely related with what I hoped to transmit and the rest of them thought of health related stuff (probably because of the green) and food related stuff.

V1.png

Ergo, we decided to go in another direction and we came up with a light-bulb with the letter M in it (really original, I know...). I think it's clearer now what the company does but I feel like the logo is very common and doesn't differentiate us at all from other businesses out there.

Qualix Media Logo Final.png

I've attached both logos here and I would really appreciate any feedback you guys can come up with. If you think both are s***t, say that as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!

I think Green Strawberry is a great name for a design company. I don't think I'd like to have to explain what my name means
every time I get a new client etc. As well as how to pronounce it. Make it look a bit more like a strawberry though.

If you choose the lightbulb, a Q would fit nicely above the M?

It's well known not to go with Lightbulbs for logos - or in any marketing - it's very cliché

Green strawberry looks great! Remove the speech bubble as your not social marketing and again it's very cliché.

The green strawberry on it's own looks quite well.

Strawberry, not necessarily green, but a multitude of colours. You could expand the branding to allow for a whole range of colours – picking a random colour for the logo from a selection when your website loads for example, or use a cut-out effect in print media to give it a different colour depending on what colour paper stock is behind it.

I wouldn't worry about the lack of association between a fruit and media, you can make that association. Most people don't think about computers when they look at a raspberry, but thanks to Raspberry Pi, now they might.

Thank you all for the great feedback and the much needed reality check!! I really, really appreciate it as I've been going around in circles for weeks over this.

@Paul Murray can I infer from your comment that you agree with hankscorpio's suggestion about ditching the speech bubble?

First of all, you have come up with great ideas for your logo designs. I think that you should stick with the strawberry design. To make it more outstanding; it should either have different shades of green or have several different colors. You can also work with different patterns that will ultimately end up with a strawberry. Moreover, I think that you should skip the speech bubble

Back