Cheese Town

Drifter

I saw this food delivery truck today in York, it had a huge quirky illustration on the side,
basically an urban environment but created with food: the sun a slice of lemon. the buildings- blocks of cheese, a ryevita? bridge with spaggetti railings, broccoli florets for trees etc.
I've seen it once before, and I like it, but have now forgotren the name of the company..
So I am unable to look it up on the internet , and maybe find more examples, who designed it and if there's a name for this style etc.

Anyone help please?

I haven't seen it but probably commissioned an artist to do it. I'll have a look around and see what I can find

who designed it and if there's a name for this style etc.

I think it may be called "a bad trip" or even "a cheese dream". ;)

I think I get what you're saying though but I wouldn't know how to categorise it with a term as such.

Also see them under Bidvest….

Attachments

• Bidvest-3663-Lorry.jpg
    Bidvest-3663-Lorry.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 8
  • scania-lorry-operated-by-3663-a-food-catering-supplier-wholesaler-EHCYYF.jpg
    scania-lorry-operated-by-3663-a-food-catering-supplier-wholesaler-EHCYYF.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 8
Carl Warner is the illustrator, 'foodscapes' is the term for the style. I worked at a festival as a student and weirdly Carl was there giving a talk about his process. Apparently anything involving fish stinks to high heaven, especially since it takes days or sometimes weeks to complete a piece (especially animation).

@scotty / @hankscorpio – I camembert these cheesy jokes…

Last edited:
1523886074922.png
Oh thanks everyone you nailed it.
But really, no need for the saucy cheese jokes.
Isn't assault and buttery againt forum rules.
Please curd your enthusiasm, it not like I was offering a free week in the Stilton hotel for the answer...
Anywhey back on topic
1523883411290.png

Wonderful, in a way reminds me of:
"It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child." - Pablo Picasso

Back