Check out this website

Just Sadiqa

It's funny how you find websites in the most unexpected ways!

Always pass this company on the bus to Kings Cross and since I'm looking for work thought I'd jot down their name etc...now check out their website...for an architectural company it is pretty cool! Not the standard format!

GPAD Ltd -Architects and designers

I don't bookmark many sites at all but I've just added this! Dunno what you guys think but it entertained me. Felt dizzy at first (depends on how fast you move your cursor). Note the bird sounds, the builder that pops up and down and the team who you'll find either walking, scoot-ing or sitting on a bench reading the paper! Not to mention the leaves flying in the wind! Haha!

Definitely not what I was expecting, pleasantly surprised!

:)

god thats an annoying site......

Sometimes being too 'clever' isn't really being clever.

ye I have to agree with Levi, it is a bit too annoying. I like it but if I was seriously looking at their site for business I think I would just give up after a few minutes.

Haha ok! I understand what you guys are saying, it's true you need to work a little harder to obtain info etc! BUT it did entertain me at the time!

I'm with you dude I like it, I love the business card loading screen but my mind is pretty tiny at the best of times. Levi no comment, lol.

I think if they had something like a sign post pointing towards the links as soon as it loads it would make it far more user friendly, and then when you got to the links more pointers to the others it would be quite cool and more useable. If you then clicked the pointers it took you to the link like in a kind of speedy background kind of way, does that make sense. :confused:

Overal I do like, out of the box man, nice find, love the bird call as well, nice touch. :)

Jazajay said:
I'm with you dude I like it, I love the business card loading screen but my mind is pretty tiny at the best of times. Levi no comment, lol.
too easy :clap:

I think that would be very annoying and I would say it's quite hard to use. They haven't looking into usability much.

I don't know about you guys but when I get taken to an entirely flash website I just find myself getting annoyed.

It looks nice, but barely serves its purpose, which is a comment I've been able to apply to many flash websites. They have the wrong priorities, have neither understood nor considered the needs of their customers and probably paid a small fortune for that site. I really hate the tight lines on the buildings furthest to the right as well, it makes my eyes feel like they're about to throw up.

If I were a customer with half a brain (usually the ones with more money) I would read into all of that and be put off straight away as those are not the traits of a company you want to work with!

But hey... maybe that's just me... :p

The concept is very impressive but the usability is just too poor. And I don't think the bells and whistles of the site say much about dynasticity of the business. Maybe if it was a multimedia companies site it would be a different story.

uncontrollable, unusable on iPhones and iPads (and anything using Flash...) plus the buttons saying low, med and high don't sit right.

Oh and where is the SEO for a Flash site?

I love it!

I love the way you have to chase everything and the fact that you have to learn how to use it. It's real fun!!

It shouldn't be fun, though, it should be practical. Takes an age to find what you want to look at, can't click on what I want to click on, images too small, etc. I got impatient after a minute, and should think most potential clients would too.

Wardy said:
It shouldn't be fun, though, it should be practical. Takes an age to find what you want to look at, can't click on what I want to click on, images too small, etc. I got impatient after a minute, and should think most potential clients would too.

Well... you see... the net is a new phenomenon in historic terms. We can't expect everything to stay practical all the time. Besides, maybe that site is actually doing its own job, diverting away hurried visitors.

I like your site too. Especially the paintings, which aren't the usual thing you see in illustrators' portfolios. Nice job!

I suppose it's impossible to know unless you actually work with the company involved and know what their website objectives are, but that's an interesting approach to take on the situation. Webian.

Back