cheap(ish) hosting?...

bigdave

Despite being a multimedia designer, web isn't something I've looked at for 3-4 years and I've somehow agreed (read that as I was drunk and agreed) to build a 4-5 page site for a friends mum's shop, on the cheap. It's a small antiques shop in a tiny village so will have a very low level of traffic and as it's only a few pages long won't need masses of storage but she want's to update the gallery regularly.

What I really need to know is where to find a cost effective host? I've looked at a number of 'top ten hosts' sites but they all seem suspiciously the same, as do all of the recommended hosts within these sites!!

Any recommendations would be gladly welcomed.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Mate,

Drop me a PM can sort you something out mate. I run a small hosting company, I'll set you up a custom package at a decent price, for what you need. Cheers Buddy.

Glen

Hi Dave, we are a partner of a UK hosting company called Easyspace, they offer web hosting packages from around £2 a month and you should get everything you need for that sort of cost. There are links on our site. Good Luck with the project.

We so far have nothing bad to say about Easyspace. They have some very helpful and technical minded agents in there which is why we promote them. Maybe their service has improved since you last used them Glen.

While I haven't purchased from them yet, I found site5.com to look like a respectable host. Also, 5ite.com will custom tailor your hosting to your needs and charge you accordingly.

Shy Web Design said:
We so far have nothing bad to say about Easyspace. They have some very helpful and technical minded agents in there which is why we promote them. Maybe their service has improved since you last used them Glen.

This could be true mate yeh.

Site5 are US based, they won't be any good if your UK based.

I can personally vouch for Glen Wheeler, excellent service at a great price and extremely helpful too! U cant go wrong!

Back