Cheap hosts???

Personally just joined with justhost, still not sure on them (if anyone has any opinions on them, much appreciated)

Hi HippySunshine,

I would avoid cheap hosts, the saying 'you get what you pay for' really rings true when it comes to web hosting! and most reputable hosts will allow Wordpress and even have a quick install option for it. Is it just a one off account you're after or a reseller account allowing you to host a number of sites/domains?

Thanks,
Greg

The two I have used (and would recommend) are mediatemple.net and wesh.co.uk - for wordpress you will need a host that supports php and a package that includes a mySQL databases.

Like Greg mentioned most decent hosts have "one click installs" for popular apps such as wordpress both mentioned above do)

HippySunshine said:
Any cheap but decent hosts around? Maybe ones that allow WordPress?
x

Hi There,

I have a reseller account and give you a decent amount of space, bandwidth, databases etc etc. My hosting service allows word press and all the other stuff, let me know what you need and I can give you a decent price.

Kind Regards,
Glen

i suggest any host that has quick install for applications like joomla, wordpress and e-commerce open software.
Also the control panel should be a key factor.......................Godaddy has all this stuff!

I use dreamhost at the moment, no idea how much BW or Space or price as its not mine :) does that help?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 000webhosts as they do free hosting. [edit]they do support wordpress and its got a 'fantastico' installer too[edit]. They seemed ok when I tried them as a secondary web host when I was having some issues with mine.

I use Justhost as well. They have quick installs for WP, Joomla and Drupal. I know there has been some bad reviews, but to be honest I haven't had any issues with them. My site got hacked twice but I don't think it had anything to do with them being lax on the security side.

They even helped me sort it out within a few hours both times. After I've changed all my passwords to more secure ones, and installed the WP antivirus plugin, I haven't had any problems at all.

Their servers are not the fastest in the world though, and I have had some downtime once in a while, but they're really cheap and you have unlimited server space.

So yeah I'd recommend them if you're looking to keep costs down, and are not too fussed about having the fastest loading site in the world.

Hay haven't read most of this thread but I would always recommend UK Web Hosting | Dedicated server hosting and VPS hosting from UK web host company.

When I was starting out I crashed the server stupid beginners mistake and they had it fixed in no time.
They have technical staff on till 10 or 11pm, always quick to respond to any queries, 2 gig of space and 5 mysql databases even on the small account £4.99 a month account.

I've never noticed any downtime, and I'm pretty sure it happens in the early hours of the mourning when they are updating the servers so as to limit any down time to you, they are the hosts they are not resellers, and allow you to have windows or linx, and have a fair few features.

Any site I do I always go with them. cant recommend them enough TBH.

Jaz

Jazajay said:
Hay haven't read most of this thread but I would always recommend UK Web Hosting | Dedicated server hosting and VPS hosting from UK web host company.

Any site I do I always go with them. cant recommend them enough TBH.

Jaz

I'm liking the look of those for my own site (3 for 2 year deal plus unlimited bandwidth :)) - linux based.
Have you got a link to a site being hosted on them so I can get a feel for their speed etc as they look very good value compared with everything else I've looked at especially in the UK, the US seem to have similar deals but in the UK its rare.

hasnt this been covered in many threads on this forum already? Can we make a sticky thread Greg with hosting deals / companies / etc? would make it easier to find :)

Back