CGTrader’s Digital Art competition 2018

CGTrader

DAC.jpg
CGTrader has just launched the Digital Art Competition with prizes worth more than $60,000, and it’s open to all CG artists (both 2D and 3D)!

It’s very easy to participate: you can submit your works of art to six very broad categories, like Character Illustration or Environment Concept, there are no strict requirements, and artworks do not have to be created exclusively for the competition, so you can enter your best and favorite works!

In addition to the prizes, the competition offers massive exposure to artists in CGtrader’s 1.2M+ user community, and the entry which gets the most votes will win the Public Award.

For more details, visit the competition page: https://www.cgtrader.com/digital-art-competition

Would be more accurate to say this is a competition with 6 categories with a top prize of $10,000 per category. The OP's post does read like there's multiple $60,000 (value) prizes.

And I don't personally like this rule
"The Entry of a Participant must include a clickable link to CGTrader’s website (snip) on the portfolio website of the Participant, including but not limited to a personal website or/and online portfolio on other design communities (e.g. DeviantArt, Behance, Dribbble, etc.)"

If those are the rules, then you must accept it before entering and do it.

I've no objection to $10,000 prizes, and you could, implausibly, win all of it.

But if you know the rules and agree to them, then it's their luck.

True, the post was more for informing people who might read it on the forum than anything else. Like I said the OP does read like the prizes are $60,000, or at least it does to me.

Back