CF Designz

Hi All,

Well, seems as though everyone is jumping on this, so I will too :) take a look at my portfolio website, and let me know what you think, honest opinions only ;)

CF Designz

Thanks
Craig

Hi Craig,

Personally I'm not keen on the use of the 'z' at the end of the name, having said that I don't like any names with numbers representing words like 2U or 4U so that might be just my own personal thing!

Like the 'CF' part of the logo... seems to remind me of something... I can't think what.

Do you have any other work examples to add to your portfolio? It might be worth your time working on some fictional projects to get some more work in the folio, or offering to do some website for local businesses at a heavily reduced rate, just to get that work experience in.

Think you also need to complete your services page - CF Designz
If I was a potential client all the placeholder text would make me think 'if you can't complete your own site how will you complete mine?'

I hope that helps in someway and doesn't sound too critical!
Greg

Hi Graig,

I agree with Greg. Getting your personal portfolio right isn't easy whether you've been in the business 10 years or 4 months, because you always tend to be the hardest person to please.

I suggest you try and bulk your portfolio up a little bit, get some jobs on there that you're really proud of and may try a simpler approach to displaying it.

peekaboo said:
That is quite funny, almost got to think maybe a wind up?? but if not then my apologies!

Brett

Bit harsh Brett.

Thanks for the reply...

Ok, onto my domain name, yes I agree about the z at the end, I bought the domain years ago, when I didn't no as much as now, and I have kind of just stuck with it unfortunately.

I do have more items to add to the portfolio, but I have become lazy and haven't added them, because I am not freelance yet I am in no great rush really, and this also explains why I haven't added text to my services page aswell, so I was after just critique for the design really..

Peekaboo? what do you mean, you got to think its a wind up? what is?

craigfarrall said:
Thanks for the reply...

Ok, onto my domain name, yes I agree about the z at the end, I bought the domain years ago, when I didn't no as much as now, and I have kind of just stuck with it unfortunately.

I do have more items to add to the portfolio, but I have become lazy and haven't added them, because I am not freelance yet I am in no great rush really, and this also explains why I haven't added text to my services page aswell, so I was after just critique for the design really..

Peekaboo? what do you mean, you got to think its a wind up? what is?
Sorry Craig I didn't explain myself correctly, thats Fridays for you, its just your logo if pretty much the same as Greg's and it made me chuckle a little bit, that is all I meant!

Brett

In terms of the overall design I don't think the site is a million miles away from something that could be quite nice.

I might consider dropping the icons on the top navigation and think about your internal layouts (the space inside of the main container) to improve things a little.

I know this is freelancing 101 but remember that your personal site is like a shop front. If people don't get it straight away or its not up to scratch then they'll go else where.

craigfarrall said:
Thanks for the reply...

Ok, onto my domain name, yes I agree about the z at the end, I bought the domain years ago, when I didn't no as much as now, and I have kind of just stuck with it unfortunately

We've all been there! I literally have 10s of domains I've purchased for sites that have never been used. I would say if you don't like it yourself, change it now, otherwise you'll never give the site 100%. That's from my personal experience anyway, but I've become a little bit obsessive over domain names! Just checked and there's a few other domain options open to you, if you're interested I could PM some suggestions?

Greg

peekaboo said:
Sorry Craig I didn't explain myself correctly, thats Fridays for you, its just your logo if pretty much the same as Greg's and it made me chuckle a little bit, that is all I meant!

Brett

Hey Brett, thanks for clearing that up, and yes when I first spoke to Craig I had noticed the logo, great minds... eh? I've actually noticed a number of variations of the combination of the letters G and F around since designing mine, including the old TV series Ground Force lol, and a haulage firm called Geoff Fisher transport I believe :D

Greg

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I will get my ass into action and get makeing these changes that have been needed for a long time.

Whereas my logo is concerned, I was only told about his Greg's logo yesterday, and I have had my logo for about a year now, so no disrespect to anyone, but I have not copied anything, which has been implied.

Greg - Yes, if you could send a few suggestions that would be great, thanks :)

Hey Craig,

I don't think he was implying that you had copied it, more just the comical element of how are logos are so similar! and perhaps the way I had mentioned it in the first post with a hint of sarcasm lol. As I say there's plenty of logos out there with the G F and C F letter combination in that way, just one of those things :)

Sending the PM now...
Greg

Its Friday!! Im in a good mood, just found it amusing hence why I put no thought into my post!! Thats all! :p

Brett

Back