Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CES 2015: All the latest stories from the biggest tech and gadget show

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by PriyeshDesign, Jan 7, 2015.

1. PriyeshDesign

PriyeshDesign Member

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

I'm finding it really weird talking to my phone and my tv. I find it weird that I can change the channel and the volume by moving my arms.

I love the voice search on my phone but would never do it in public! It's kinda like peeing, you want to do that in private.

Tech is going an incredible pace and it's hard to keep up.

I can't wait for the day for wireless charging though. I mean you walk into a room and your phone in your pocket just starts charging itself.
  3. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Some of these functions are cool the first time you use it but soon become redundant. I haven't used Siri for so long I forget that function even existed! As you say I would never use it in public and mobile phones/smart phones are made to be used out in public so it defeats the purpose.

That's a battery killer right there.
  4. hankscorpio

I don't understand how it's a battery killer? Your phone could be programmed to auto-charge when it reaches 5% or 10% etc.
  5. @GCarlD

lol Well if you said that to beginning with it would be a battery saver!
  6. hankscorpio

Well I don't always say everything that's in my brain.

In saying that - got 4G coverage today wahoooo - and experiencing 60mbps download speed on a mobile is awesome! Just need things to download now...

About a wireless charging option, that would be all over the cities, in cars, buses, trains, wifi/charging spots, cafes etc. basically built all around the city.

Although - now that I say it, if this was a movie it could be used for more sinister criminal acts...
  7. hankscorpio

8. @GCarlD

haha yeah I remember when 4G first came out I said to myself, I won't need that 3G is fine and I use Wifi anyway. Then I got offered 4G for free and it is better than some wifi! I had no idea how fast 4G actually was. 60mbps is that 4G's speed? That's incredible for mobile, that's not too far off the 80meg BB I have at home!
  9. hankscorpio

Well I'd imagine it will fluctuate depending on areas usage, probably anywhere from between 20mbps to 75mbps (as per vodafones site as max speed).

4G just excites me. I connect all my devices through my mobile, 2 laptops, tablet etc. all run from from my mobile hotspot.

Now things just got faster and better for me. I do pay about £80 (well €100) a month on bill - but that's working out cheaper than paying for both mobile and an internet connection at home.

Besides I'm on the go a lot and having wifi at home is a waste. I opted this way to save money.

I'm pretty sure in years to come that wired internet will be gone and it will be over 5g or 6g (or whatever they call it)
  10. @GCarlD

I'm not so sure about that, you can never beat a wired connection for speed but in the near future, wireless speeds will be so fast (and hopefully more secure) that I suppose we won't need to.

I'm surprised you say you find paying around £80 p/m is cheaper than paying for mobile and interest at home separately??? If I add up my phone tariff and BB I'm paying around £50p/m. My phone actually costs more than my home internet and I have Fiber Optic.

How do you manage to use your 4G mobile hotspot for everything? I assume at £80p/m you have unlimited Gig but don't they hit you with fair usage?