Center my page

Hi all,

created a web page and despite me centering it in html certain aspects dont seem to be alligned can anyone help please?

Thank you

Hi there thanks for the help, I am slowly trying to pahse them out. Just one more thing though everything has moved into the middle apart from the white background image? Any ideas how I can move that too.

Thanks

Don't phase them out, just stop using them, there isn't a steady process between the two, you either use them as intended, or you don't :)

Oops, I assumed you must have been using some kind of fixed width image to go with your fixed layout.

Try assigning the background-image to the table in the middle instead of your body.

e.g. give it an id:

Code:
<table width="780" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="contentwrap">
and add this to your stylesheet:

Code:
#contentwrap {    background-image: url(images/bursak.gif);}

and remember to remove the other background-image declaration from the body element.

@ solvaworld

I would do the old DIv tag route with a "margin: 0 auto;" on the main container which would center the whole thing.

I didn't realise people still use tables to make whole pages. :S

andthen said:
@ solvaworld

I would do the old DIv tag route with a "margin: 0 auto;" on the main container which would center the whole thing.

For whole page centering, I second this, but don't forget to define a width as it won't make any difference without it.

Back