CD cover

mrp2049

well not the cover, its the entire sleeve. It's getting printed onto a card sleeve.

CDCover7.jpg

space is being left at the top for a photo on the left and logo on the right...

very nice Mike :) I like it :D I like the addition of the colour in the rainbows :)

thank you nemesis! I am just about to meet up with them to try and sort the logo and photo, fingers crossed this can be put to bed soon!

cool Mike :D post it up when you get the logo done.. I don't think it needs any photography personally :D

i'll see what happens, the logo has to go on, but i agree with you the back could live without a photo.

There was talk of the photo being on the CD...I dont want to think about that.

I think that it could be on the back or if there are inside pages the photo could be inside instead :) Not on the CD... the last time I saw a photo on a CD it was on a Black Crows album from 1990's so it is a bit old school :p

its going to be a card sleeve, so this is all there is! It's for promo use mainly, so I told them that a card sleeve was the way to go. I used to be a DJ and a card sleeve is the best way to go price wise overall, postage printing etc.

I havent seen a photo on a CD in years either and I've got 2000 of the bloody things!

i suggested leaving the photo out, and they went for it! It's just a matter of sorting the logo and getting it in! Good times!

Bit late on this one, but better late than never I guess/hope!

I like the design Mike, just wondered what sort of music genre the band/artist is? I guess I'll be able to tell at first glance once the logo is in place... although obviously being set apart from the conventions of genre could actually help it to stand out from the 'competition'.

On first impression I felt like there was something missing from the back of the sleeve, and no don't worry I'm not going to say a photo! I think it's just because I'm used to seeing a barcode and small record label logos on the backs of sleeves? Guessing they're not needed in this case?

Look forward to seeing the completed design and how the logo fits with the rest of the design :)
Greg

I think they would be best described as a 'rock' band.

zenyth

I haven't had anything to do with that site, however you can see the original logo which has been giving me one hell of a headache!!

I have kinda avoided listening to it at this stage, because I don't want my ideas of what they sound like interfering too much with what they think they sound like! That might sound a bit strange, but I'm not really a fan of their sort of music, so don't really understand the genre specifics. I guess this is what you get when you generally listen to music that makes you want to punch your friends in the face!

I know what you mean about the lack of a barcode and label logo, but it is never (well i say never?) going to be in shops, so doesn't need one and they don't have a label. But I do agree with you, it is mainly meant as a promo CD, and this is how most of them look. I've had hundreds!

Back