Cargo Template Issue

@GCarlD

Hi everyone,

I have been creating a site on Cargo and I love the template I have chosen but it centralises everything, which is perfect for my images but centralised text looks horrible, and I get the odd 'widow' which is just dreadful. Is there something I can do to stop the text being centred? Is there some code I can use to make my text aligned to the left or even better, Justified?

Thanks in advance for any help.

In your CSS file you'll probably find something along the lines of

p {
font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif;
text-align: center;
color: #000000;
font-size: 13px;
}

changing the alignment of text is as simple as changing the word center for left, right or justify

Same goes for your header tags (ie; h1, h2 etc..)

I've never used cargo so don't know 100% but according to their support pages its as simple as clicking the edit CSS button. :)

Ok i'll have a look for it mate, but I've never come across it before.

If anyone has any more info please let me know.

Thank you.

In your CSS file you'll probably find something along the lines of

p {
font-size: 13px;
}

changing the alignment of text is as simple as changing the word center for left, right or justify

Same goes for your header tags (ie; h1, h2 etc..)

Ok the problem I now have is there is a lot of this same code, how do I know which one to change. For example I want my header text to remain centred.

Its mainly my 'About Me' page that I'd like to Jusify. Everything else can stay centred.

Last edited:
within the css file you will see lots of stuff seemingly repeated but in actual fact there's a difference in the top line of each block of code which determines how that little block relates to the the website. For example you might see the following:

Code:
[B]p[/B] {
font-size: 10px;
}

[B]h1[/B] {
font-size: 18px;
}

[B]h2[/B] {
font-size: 16px;
}

[B]h3[/B] {
font-size: 14px;
}

The top line of each block of code defines which elements within the site is being styled by that particular portion of code. CSS starting with p would relate to the body text of the site whilst h1, h2, h3 etc.. relate to headers (the h is header and the number is its order of importance, so h1 would usually be a page header and the others would be sub headers).

Hope that helps?

*EDIT*

Remember that any changes you make to you CSS file for this page will also alter the way the rest of your site is displayed so left aligning the text in your about me section will also left align any body text in your home page, contact page gallery etc..

Last edited:
*EDIT*

Remember that any changes you make to you CSS file for this page will also alter the way the rest of your site is displayed so left aligning the text in your about me section will also left align any body text in your home page, contact page gallery etc..

Whew! Thank god for your 'EDIT' that's where the confusion was for me. I understand now. I am surprised it's not possible to change text alignment of just one section of the site though. But everything will probably look better justified anyway. Ok the only other question I have now is, do I have to change the text alignment on every 'text-align:' part of each code? Or can I just change it on the first one?

Only change the bits you want to change. (ie; if you don't want to left align or justify your headers, leave the CSS for your header tags as it is).

There are ways of aligning text differently on each page if you wanted to do that.

Ok but there are so many. I don't know what most of them are, so I don't know whether I need to change them or not. Have a look at my top lines (excluding header as that can stay as it is):

nav_container
content_container
project_content
project_title
project_thumb
loader_holder
thumb_title
thumb_title .text
thumb_tag

In all of the above, the 'text-align' is set to 'centre.' I have no idea which one would be my 'about me' page. Or how I would Justify all my annotations under my images rather than having them aligned centred. I will also be creating a 'Testimonial' page which I would hate for the text to be aligned centred. Bare in mind, I think the positioning of the text needs to be centred but aligned Justified (if that makes sense), as all of my images are centred with annotations under them.

Have you got a link to your site? It's much easier to see these things rather than just guess at it.

Ok I have identified that 'project_content' is where I can change the alignment of my text and it justifies is fine. Problem is my text is no longer in the middle of my page under my images which are centred. How do I have my text in the middle but justified as well? Here is the link GraphiCarlDesign

Thanks for your help.

My problem with this is that the html code for the page content is on one line making it nigh on impossible for a novice like me to follow. My advice would be to add a wrapper around the text to center it under the image but for the reasons above I couldn't tell you exactly where or what to put.

Hopefully one of the big boys will be along soon :)

Ok I appreciate your help anyway. This is why I failed with the whole learning of html, it's just one big headache. :)
I have learnt a bit though from our short conversation.

Cheers.

On your home page I just see images with captions.

On the About Me page I just see text and no images apart from the logo

To centre the text on the About Me page your best bet would be to wrap each paragraph in p tags ie: <p>your paragraph here</p>
and get rid of al the <br> tags

and have a css rule

.project_content p{
}

It would be easier to give you help if you were more specific, ie a link to the actual page your working on and a description of what you want to achieve on that page.

Ah, I think I see the pages you mean now, your individual categories pages, Logos Magazine Covers etc.

Same solution as above wrap your paragraphs in <p></p> tags and use the previously mentioned css

Ok thanks thingstodo, i'll give that a go. But my .project_content is already set as text-align: center;. I don't want my text to be aligned center, I want it to be aligned Justify but in the centre of the page below each image. But i'll give your suggestion a try and see what happens.

Thank you.

Yeah I tried it with justify and it's ok but it makes my subtitles align to the left so it looks odd. Those p tags don't seem to do anything. Why is this so difficult for me :( All I want is my captions under my images centred with the text aligned Justified. And my 'About Me' page centred with the text aligned Justified. But I want all my Bold Subtitles to remain Centred as they currently are. So basically now my bold subtitles are the problem as when I justify the text the subtitles move to the left, I'd like it to stay in the middle. I have put everything back centred for the time being.

Back