Car Storage - Any problems you can think of? (A-Level Project)

bradderzz99

I am looking for inspiration of different issues that are faced when storing items in a vehicle. Whether it is shopping or other general items and the problems that are faced in storing such items.

Rubbish could also be considered and different solutions to stop crumbs and receipts being all over the car and in the sides of the doors.

If you have any storage issues within a vehicle then please share any ideas that you think would solve this problem.

Many thanks.

If you have any storage issues within a vehicle then please share any ideas that you think would solve this problem.

Isn't that what you should be doing? ;)

I can suggest a problem I face. I never have somewhere to store rubbish, especially gross things like snotty tissues in hayfever season or used gum. I get around this by sticking gum to old receipts, but the tissues tend to sit in my door pocket until I arrive at my destination.

ok... this is going to be blunt and to the point seeing as this is my background (I have a BSc (hons) in Product Design). Too many students seem to want other people to do their work for them.... why do an a level in this field if you don't want to do the main part of the course topic.

Coming up with solutions is the your job as the designer and also a major part of the marking process for your course I would assume.

Finding inspiration comes from your research/analysis phase (breakdown of brief, spider diagrams, questionnaires etc) where you find problems which need solutions, it is not found by asking for solutions to problems which people have...

All your 'issues' already have solutions..
crumbs - don't eat in the car
receipts - stick them in a wallet or have an 'dl popper pouch' in the glove box to store them and no this is not an area you should use as your a-level project, if I was the teacher I'd think it was a joke if that was handed in.

Paul, the only solution for you is a small 'rubbish' bag, tissues and gum (although I don't eat gum any more as it's bad for the stomach) are never easy to 'store' and I'd say we're all pretty much like you in using the door pocket for 'tissue storage'

Paul, the only solution for you is a small 'rubbish' bag, tissues and gum (although I don't eat gum any more as it's bad for the stomach) are never easy to 'store' and I'd say we're all pretty much like you in using the door pocket for 'tissue storage'

Yep, that's kind of what I do anyway. I certainly wouldn't buy a product that matches the interior jut for that purpose, but I bet some people would, especially if it was expensive ;)

I apologise for my wording. I typed this up in a five minute gap I had today. I was after issues that people have with car storage on a daily basis that I could find a solution for. I'm sorry if I came across as expecting an answer without any prior effort. I was just after inspiration. Perhaps I'll change the topic of my project to something which has more depth to it than a plastic bag. Sorry to waste your time. :(

You're not really after inspiration then or solutions, you're after problems with storage in cars.

I'll change the title so it may get more interest.

Other than rubbish as mentioned the only area I can think of that might be something of interest is transporting 'longer items' such as wood or fishing rods for example, items that can fit in a car but might end being in a bad place due to lack of 'holding spots' for example.

Back