Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Accident

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Well I don't know if anyone has seen my Twitter post about it but I thought I would share on here. I had a rather nasty car accident on Thursday night :( a newly passed driver slammed into the side of our car while both Natalie and myself were in it (I was in the drivers seat, and the car hit Natalie's side of the car) fortunately neither of us were badly hurt, Natalie had a couple of bumps on the head, but shes fine fortunately. The car is a total rightoff and was pissing out oil and petrol, so all in all not good.

Was a very nasty experience to say the least :( doubly annoying as I need a car for my new job in a couple of weeks time, but fortunately my parents are helping with getting us a cheap runaround to hold us for the next year or so :) which is a good thing :)

But ultimately not a pleasant thing at all...

Also finally got the internet working here at home, but it only seems to work on Natalie's laptop not mine which sucks.. I don't know whats wrong with my Mac Wireless but it just times out.. so there must be a setting somewhere that I need to change :(

On the plus side though yesterday we did arrange to adopt 2 cats from the local RSPCA and we'll be getting them next Friday (just have to wait for their last injections to be done).

Its been a very weird weekend so far :(

2. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Oh dear Chris that sounds like a terrible experience... i've never been in a situation like that but i'm sure it was horrible. Good thing you both are ok! :D

Not sure about the wireless thing mine didn't work in my old house but that was because the wall was too thick between the router i think!

Bet you're looking forward to getting your kitties! i'm sue they'll cheer you up!!post a pic when ya get them!

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ahh that sucks Chris, but the important thing is you're both OK, the car can be replaced :)

4. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Alright Chris, that sucks mate, glad you're both mainly uninjured, what a shocker!

Well done for rescuing a couple of cats :clap: yes, pics please when you get em

5. Thanks everyone :) yeah there will be pics of the cats as soon as we have them in the house lol :)

6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

No car insurance?
    Good to see you're still alive and spamming though :up:

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

i stand by my previous statement you should get this car

8. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

My thoughts were exactly the same, why aren't you claiming off the other driver unless it was your fault (ie you pulled out in front of them at a junction say) and you're only third party?

Glad you're ok mind

9. yes we are both insured fortunately :)

10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

if your cars a definite write off then you should be able to just get a new car, if its in for assessment why haven't you gotten a courtesy car?

11. well we'll be getting the courtesy car on Monday afternoon from what the insurers say :) I'm just glad everthings ok :) also we're looking at a new car at the moment, probably going to get a VW Polo / Golf or a Ford Mondeo / New Shape Fiesta / Focus :) so it will be a big step up for us :)

12. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

OMG Chris, I had an accident today, nearly total'd myself!
    coming down a sweeping left hand bend on quite a steep hill, with wet roads and a lot leaves on the tarmac, car lost complete traction straight lined and un responsive, went over my carriage way and locked up for 20 meters or so and slammed head first into an 6ft grass / soil embankment.

damage was substantial, but passing motrists managed to get my car back on to the road, at which point i manged to limp 30 mile home. gutted and still quite shaken if im honest.

Thank god the was no other cars oncoming. And thankfully I walked away shaken and unhurt, but i have a new dilemma now, starting new job in two weeks and need transport.

13. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Sorry to hear that buddy - although 2 weeks after I passed my test I drove into the side of someone and wrote off their car so err... .otherside of the fence here.

On the car side of things, assuming it wasnt your fault your able to hire a car and bill the other persons insurance company - it doesnt matter if you have accident hire car on the policy or anything. All those extras are there in case you need them and the accident was your fault. Also, chuck in a bit of whiplash eh? :p

14. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

:( Hope you're ok

I can sympathise, I've had one too many car accidents :(

Horrible :(

15. they are horrible.. especially the sound of metal hitting each other.. its a really horrible experience..

Damn Geoff sorry about your accident too.. they must happen more often than we all think :(

16. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

Indeed they are!

Ive been in 3 car accidents and im only 20 :(

17. darren

darren Member

That's why it is (statistically) odd that some people have a fear of flying. Travelling by car is the most dangerous way to travel.

I have also been in 3 car accidents and it is not a pleasant thing at all.

@Sunburn The damn autumn leaves and rain nearly wiped me out on my bike yesterday too, time to garage that for a few months I think.