Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Captain America???

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Jul 12, 2011.

1. berry

berry Active Member

Ok, it's comic book time again, after the crap Green Hornet, the crapper Green Lantern, the ok ish Thor, anyone pinning their hopes on Capt America?

Capt America was never one of my Marvel favs, although not as naff as Captain Britain!!!!
    I can't fathom out why the film is referred to as Captain America - the First Avenger.

All Marvellites know tThe Avengers first line up was Ant Man/Giant Ma, Dr Henry Pym, his fancy bit Janet/Wasp, Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk ( who spoke) Captain America was discovered by the Avengers in a block of ice after 5 or 6 issues and replaced the Hulk who the Avengers could trust as he was tricked into fighting Thor earlier by Loki.

2. now thats geektastic Berry! ahh the joys of Marvel history :)

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I think the first avenger bit might be a grey area :)

According to what I've seen/read etc it appears that Captain America hails from the ww2 era while the 'avengers' are a 1960's era initially. Now even though Captain America is added later he was actually the first super hero when you look at the the members of the avengers so the 'first avenger' could be relating to the fact that he was around first not necessarily the first member of the 'avengers'

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Captain Britain would only fight after a few pints.
    As for Captain America...he was frozen and 'woken' by the The Avenges in the '60's.
    So as Levi said he was from a time before the Avengers (the 40's) but later joined and led the team.
    So he's the first because he's been around longest...get my drift.

The Green Hornet was bad.
    The Green Lantern was not so bad.

Best films seen lately...Hanna (German super hero girl?) and 127 hours, armless stuff.
    Not long to go till Dark Knight Rises...and looking forward to TinTin also.

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I'm going to put it out there...I liked the Green Hornet.

6. berry

berry Active Member

So YOU were the person who saw it!

7. Its ALWAYS the quiet ones :lol:

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Since when was I quiet!

Gondry made the film in the feeling of the 60's, Bruce Lee series and I enjoyed that. To be honest, I doubt I'm going to rush out and buy it on DVD, but I wouldn't turn it off it is was on TV.

9. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

I have to back you up mrp, I kinda liked the green hornet, although there was a constant feeling of, "this guy just doesn't suit being a superhero, but what the hell this is becoming comical now!"

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Exactly, loads of this came up in Linda Lee Cadwell's book, about how much the show would have been rubbish if it wasn't for Bruce.

11. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Great coffee though...and the car was cool.

12. Romack

Romack Senior Member

i think the first avenger bit is just the Hollywood way of tying in with the new "avengers' movie - which there is a sneak preview of if you wait till the credits have rolled on Capatin USA.

13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

It's hardly a surprise! The avengers/insidious 6 storyline is one of my favourites!